crappy transmission
By mykegee723 on
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
when i got this car it was awesome. then all of a sudden going about 30 mph car would shake and my mileage decreased from combined city and highway 25 to 19 mph. i repeatedly took it in and nothing wrong was found. although dealership felt the shaking right away. they couldnt fix it. repeatedly took it in. all of a sudden a service bulliten came out that this is the way the car is supposed to drive. b s. i say. i contacted nissan usa and tried to reason with them. and they told me yea thats the way it is. i am a car audio installer for more than 8 yrs, and i have worked on many nissan altimas like mine. they all drove great.. obviously there is something wrong. i trade piece o crap in.
By nick131
on 10/15/12 14:48 PM (PDT)

It is a real piece of junk. My transmission went out at 23k miles

By altima89
on 02/15/14 14:03 PM (PST)

I had my transmission changed 4 times at the Nissan dealer. The tranny was making this whining noise. Now on feb 13th a Thursday night I was backing into my driveway and the car just did not want to move anymore. I had to leave the in halfway in the street and get to towed to Nissan the next day. What was the problem? YUP you guessed it..THE DAMN TRANSMISSION AGAIN. [non-permissible content removed].