2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
expensive and troublesome
By Jon Belenger on 09/19/09 06:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car in June 09 been back to the dealer 3 times for a service engine light code. They say that the code is the evap sys. but cannot find any leaks. Had an 04 Nissan sedan prior to this and never had a problem. The 09 Nissan Coupe is very stylish on the outside but the interior is cheesy and the stereo speakers already buzz, and the road noise is terrible. Very disappointed with the overall build quality. As usual you pay more ,and get less. This is my wife's car and she says it is fun to drive. I drive an 04 Chevy colorado pu and it is quieter than the Nissan. Do yourself a favor buy American!

Car with lots to offer
By gmo7092.5S on 09/17/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car is great. Looks really good. Like it in Silver the best. Handles pretty well. Lots of packages ..conv, conv plus and connection package. Looking forward to better reliability than I had with my Olds Alero v6. That was a fun car to drive, but too many issues with the head gasket leaking! Now I have a 4cylinder, but I am liking it. Coupe should have lights/design that sedan has! Love radio but does need quicker way to get from low #'d station to higher without having to hold down seek and wait. Also, brakes are a bit touchy. Steering seems to not want to center for some reason. Wind noise is really loud with windows down on faster drive..super loud. Key fab buttons look alike

Sporty-looking, elegant car for grownups
By Larry on 09/15/09 10:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This coupe is a fine-looking car. I got the Slate color, which is a really nice and elegant color, looks much better than white. Classy car that looks sporty without hanging a silly spoiler on the trunk. Have gotten lots of compliments on its looks. Have not seen another of these coupes on the road, although have seen the Infiniti G37 couple, which looks just about the same but costs about twice as much. This car is a very good value for the money. Car handles well, giving a sporty drive while keeping good road feel. Comfortable to drive. I am well satisfied with my first Nissan.

Push Button Ignition System
By Nissan Altima on 09/11/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a new 2009 Nissan Altima for a little less than 5 months. And I find the push-button ignition very unreliable. On three different occasions now, I just could not start the car. I took it into the dealer. I was told that they changed the codes.It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is most aggravating. Tonight, I waited in the dark for the Auto Club after trying more than a half hour to start it. Finally, the push button ignition connected and I called the Auto Club to cancel service. I know that you have to push on the brake pedal to get it started and I have done this repeatedly without success. Is there a sure-fire way to start this car? Please tell me.

Very happy Altima owner
By tonygio on 09/11/09 06:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Accord and the Camry to measure up against the Altima. I believe all three of those cars are comparable. The main selling point to go with the Altima was the look of the car. I have received many compliments on the car that I do not believe I would receive had I bought either of the other two cars. Aside from the looks, this car has been fantastic. The fuel economy has been amazing, do not believe any review that tells you otherwise. The handling and the comfort of the Altima has met and exceeded our expectations. Nissan has done a fantastic job with this car and we couldn't be happier with a purchase. Kudos Nissan, great job! You have earned a long time customer.

Fun to Drive
By geibelkj on 09/09/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fun car to drive. Traded in a 2009 accord EX-L for an end of year 09 Altima 2.5 SL. The Altima is a great car. has excellent pickup with the CVT. Smooth and quiet. Fuel economy is good, just took a 4 hour road trip, saw a little over 30 mpg.

Twice as Nice
By NOVA Shopper on 08/28/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Brought home a second Altima (2009 2.5) in less than a year to join the 2008 3.5 sibling at home! We love these cars! Great handling, good acceleration and power, even in the I4! Got our 3.5 after testing 4 and the 2.5 after testing 6 (each time visiting 3 dealers). Learned something very valuable -- out-of-round tires cause bad vibrations/shimmy! (Result of sitting in one spot on the lot too long -- a year or so. Permanently damages the steel belt radials -- you need new tires.) Also, discovered that cars made in Canton (rather than Smyrna) seem to be better -- quieter engines and superior quality parts such as knobs/trim. Must be the QA program Canton established after a bad start.

Zip Down the Highway in Style & Comfort
By Chris T on 08/28/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love the styling and comfort of my 2.5S and am glad I made the choice to buy a Nissan product this time around. It has a lot of zip and a sporty look for a 4 door sedan. I've always owned 2 door coupes, but this 4 door car has won me over.

So Glad I Bought IT!
By Poncho on 08/27/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car in June 09 but it was an 08 left over from the previous year. I paid 21,500 including ttl. They gave me and awesome deal and I loved the service. It has great pick up and no can pass me up. Has good traction and excellent features. It could more cushy seats, but they are ok. The only thing worng is that the right wiper doesnt work right. So I am going to take it to get the wiper replaced. But as far as a v6 it is an awesome car. Better than Toyota and Honda. Another thing I noticed that was fishy was that the gap between the passenger door and the back passenger side door has a larger gap between them than the opposite side. Same with gaps on the hood sides

Pretty Good
By Richard Seibert on 08/25/09 10:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car has smooth ride and decent handling. Handling could be improved with better OE tires. Very pleased with MPG so far. Lease deal was terrific, and that is what swayed me, although I do like the styling and interior design. Intelligent key is great--no fishing for the remote.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$126 per month*