Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I can't believe the responses on here.
By kgordo26

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After reading several of the reviews, I'm pretty surprised. I've had mine for 2 yrs. I have 60k miles on it & have put nothing into it but oil changes & a set of snow tires. I agree with the review about poor handling in winter, but have not had a single problem since buying 2 front snow tires. Before badmouthing the car, check your tread. I also love the CVT. It is designed to be smoother & it is. As for engine noise, its a 4 cyl people, they're all louder. Also, I'm still on my first set of brakes all around with about 25% left. A lot of the complaints are differing preferences, not quality issues. Do research before you buy! Don't badmouth the quality bc you made a poor personal choice!

CVT Spacious backseat Trunk Space MP3 Fuel Economy Storage Design (Interior and Exterior)

Brakes, nuff said
By dannyry

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm going on my 3rd set of brakes in 2 years. Front brakes I should say. I've owned various cars through my life, drive mostly highway miles, and regularly check my brake fluid. I can't say I recommend this or the refresh model based on this. It's getting a little costly to say the least. I've owned a prior altima to this and had no issues, and drove in the city at the time. If you search it, it's a common problem which has not been issued a recall, so I guess it's not as known or common as it needs to be for a recall. I can without a doubt say this is my last altima, and I will always wait 2-3 years after the refresh and do proper diligence prior to buying a car.

It has an auxilary jack. That is my favorite feature.

Improve the brakes. Maybe the passenger seat comfort.

BUGS!! BUGS!! BUGSS!!!
By evelynt1

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had a pretty fair experice with my Nissan Altima but a major dissapointment in this car is that when there is a problem with the vehicle the dealership seems unavailbale to fix it. I live in a rural area where bugs are prominent and it seems that my car as well as others around mine are extremly suscepitable to bugs being into the tail lights. They are very unsightly and nearly immpossibe to get out. When i contacted the dealer they told me that if the problem was not water they were not responsible for fixing my inconvience. I went to the nissan service area to see what I could do about this and they informed me that I would have to pay $500 each for new tail lights.

N/A

To be able to fix problems effecintly. Also to remve the tube that allows bugs to find there way into the lights. These bugs inevitably, make me not want to drive my car which in turn gives my rate for car performance and quality rate to be low.

Good car but unstable in winter
By arilling1

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As posted in separate message, my 2009 Altima has stability problems in winter and weighted conditions. Aside from this, it is rather decent car but the fear to drive in winter out-weighs any benefit. I would recommend not to buy due to safety concern.

Make stable for winter conditions.

disturbing horn/alarm
By george6464

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

the altima 2009 is okay but one major pain: the remote key set. the horn button is awkwardly place that whenever the keys are in my pocket, the pad will often touch pocket contents or plain body and sound the alarm when I don't need it. I have to hold it all the time. can the next key pad be modified to ensure the alarm part is lower than other keys and cannot accidentally be triggered.