Used 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Mitsu lover 4 life
By Dana Parenteau

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great SUV in my opinion the outlander is you best choice. I had my 04 outlander for 7 years and put over 229k on mine. Drove it across the country and never had any issues with it what so ever. I was involved in a major head on crash in it and walked away without a scratch. That SUV saved my life!!!

Super Reliable!
By jwmatten

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I've never had ANY issues with this car other than the scheduled maintenance. I only gave it a 4/5 on performance because the 4-cylinder makes it hard to drive up hills.

Best car Purchase I have ever made!!!
By breamom

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Outlander brand new.
I don't usually buy new cars and I was a devout VW person.
I bought the Outlander because I was starting a new business, needed a car and I didn't want to be distracted by used car pailings.
so I bought the cheapest new car I could find.
I spent all of $15,000.
I have NEVER had anything go wrong with this car.
I have only spent money on brakes, oil changes and tires.
The cost of ownership has been spectacular.
I will never buy a German car again, too pricey to repair and even for regular maintenance.

It's super roomy for hauling things around. It's a small car buy when you need to bring those big IKEA furniture boxes home - PERFECT!!! Just fold down the seats and VOILA! Space!! and lots of it.

No suggested improvements.

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander
By 456654456654123321

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Outlander new in 04. We have had 2 problems. 1, the power port stopped working. Replaced fuse and no good. 2. It stalls every now in then, and then it starts up fine. A few weeks later, it will stall and then be fine. Other than that, it has been a pretty good vehicle. We have been from TN to FL, TN to ME probably 20 times and the Outlander goes fine. If I could change one thing it would be the suspension. I think it needs to be a little beefier. With a heavy load, the front end gets light and it feels top heavy. Would I buy another one? Me no, my wife yes. I enjoy a bigger vehicle, but for the "soccer mom" it is fine.

My favorite feature is everything is in easy reach of the driver and the passenger.

I wish the seats were a little more comfortable. Especially the rear seats.

Very reliable, nice looking
By Mikey

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car one year old with 12,000 miles, and it has served me well. Aside from a cooling fan that runs for a short period after the engine is turned off (I ignored the recall), I've had no problems. It's comfortable, zippy, handles well, and the cargo space with the back seats down is plenty long. Wish it were a little higher, though. I had considered a 2004 Ford Escape (too pricey) and a 2004 Honda CRV (not long enough). I'm happy with my pick. My only complaints are that the sheet metal is thin (dings easily), the in- town mileage isn't great (I get about 17 mpg on a 4-cylinder engine!), and wind pulses through the car when the back windows are down.

Trouble-free engine and transmission, great highway mileage, and I like the unusual styling of the front end.

Needs tougher body sheet metal and better in-town fuel economy.