2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Super Reliable!
By jwmatten on 09/27/13 13:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander used in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. I've never had ANY issues with this car other than the scheduled maintenance. I only gave it a 4/5 on performance because the 4-cylinder makes it hard to drive up hills.

Best car Purchase I have ever made!!!
By breamom on 09/04/11 23:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Outlander brand new. I don't usually buy new cars and I was a devout VW person. I bought the Outlander because I was starting a new business, needed a car and I didn't want to be distracted by used car pailings. so I bought the cheapest new car I could find. I spent all of $15,000. I have NEVER had anything go wrong with this car. I have only spent money on brakes, oil changes and tires. The cost of ownership has been spectacular. I will never buy a German car again, too pricey to repair and even for regular maintenance.

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander
By 456654456654123321 on 01/23/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Outlander new in 04. We have had 2 problems. 1, the power port stopped working. Replaced fuse and no good. 2. It stalls every now in then, and then it starts up fine. A few weeks later, it will stall and then be fine. Other than that, it has been a pretty good vehicle. We have been from TN to FL, TN to ME probably 20 times and the Outlander goes fine. If I could change one thing it would be the suspension. I think it needs to be a little beefier. With a heavy load, the front end gets light and it feels top heavy. Would I buy another one? Me no, my wife yes. I enjoy a bigger vehicle, but for the "soccer mom" it is fine.

Very reliable, nice looking
By Mikey on 11/01/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car one year old with 12,000 miles, and it has served me well. Aside from a cooling fan that runs for a short period after the engine is turned off (I ignored the recall), I've had no problems. It's comfortable, zippy, handles well, and the cargo space with the back seats down is plenty long. Wish it were a little higher, though. I had considered a 2004 Ford Escape (too pricey) and a 2004 Honda CRV (not long enough). I'm happy with my pick. My only complaints are that the sheet metal is thin (dings easily), the in- town mileage isn't great (I get about 17 mpg on a 4-cylinder engine!), and wind pulses through the car when the back windows are down.

Poor paint quality, Nice car
By DIXIENDFW on 03/27/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I like my outlander, but my paint started fading within 2 years of owning it. I took it to the dealer who told me it was because of the "texas sun". Needless to say, it is paid off now, 4 years old and looks pretty shabby on the outside. All the plastic parts are more pink than red. I am not happy. But, the interior is nice, laid out well. I have room for my car seat and one other adult in backseat. Cargo room is sufficient for a smaller suv. I am unhappy that at 50,000 miles I am considering A NEW PAINT JOB.

Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!
By Socialdoc on 01/16/08 10:30 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I will never make fun of a heated leather seat again, I can't live without them! I keep warm and they are easy to clean up after the dog has been in the car with her muddy paws! Sporty, clean look, fun to drive, easy to maintain! And not bad at all on gas & I drive all over town! And I got a heck of a deal( New ) and will buy this model again! I strongly suggest it to you! You can't go wrong! And it kinda looks like the Lexus SUV, hehehe!

Great car
By Frank Trobirdge on 11/08/07 10:05 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I drive it 30,000 miles a year and has 95K on it now and still runs like new. I have used it to haul my small camper and have really abused this car, but it continues to work like a dream. While its design is pretty extreme, it allows the car to look as new and trendy as the other crossovers being released today. I will keep this thing forever if I can, and if it dies, it am so pleased I am likely to go out and purchase another Outlander.

Overall, very satisifed
By Nick on 09/21/05 07:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our Mitsubishi Outlander as our first child was about to be born and both of us had coupes. We searched and searched and found ours. Neither of us like the big gas guzzling SUVs, but needed something with a little more space and access, The Outlander has just enough of everything...gas mileage / space / style.

Great SUV!
By Dane on 08/17/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have put 8,000 miles on this little gem and very happy with it overall. For the price you can't go wrong. Mine is rock solid and dependable. It could get a little better gas mileage.

Look at something else
By Larry on 04/04/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car thinking it would be a good median for everything, I was wrong. I have had the car for 6 months and its been in the dealership 5 times (3 for problems). Most noteably is an engine rattle that seems to come and go. The car sounds like a 12 year old Buick. This was a sad regrettable purchase. Just about everything else in the car rattles to, and I have babied the car...