Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Great Car!
By S600SEL

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the ML500 12 months old and got a great deal, nearly half off and with a 100,000 8 year warranty. I can't believe I lived without GPS for so long. It is not as smooth as my S- class but now I can haul stuff. I would not want to be in another car after a serious accident last year. I will take poor milage for the safety trade-off.

Favorite Features

GPS rocks! 8 Airbags?!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, better trip computer infomation. I would also like to be able to customize car i.e. C class and S class info screen via FSS. Add XM radio compatibility.

I'll stick to Lincolns
By jskeens

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The car is fine but nothing sets it apart from other luxury SUVs. My exp w/ the sales process was the only piece that went smoothly. Due to Linc, I am accustomed to receiving the model of loaner veh that I am having serviced. Mercs' loaner car program consists of using the co-resident Enterprise office. That blows. The warranty has a couple nice perks but nothing worth dealing w/ their Service dept. After purchase, I received a letter for a recall that went out six months prior. Should've been fixed prior to sell of vehicle. Mercs' Customer Service and Service depts could learn a lesson from Linc.

Favorite Features

Bose radio

Suggested Improvements

Put audio/enviro controls on steering wheel. Seat & windshield wiper controls are the ones found in cheap cars. More auto features should be avail. Improve mpg. More luxury options in the base veh. I've got a loaded ML, it lacks the luxury that I expect from a SUV in this price range.

Get out while you still can
By yogamama

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The M-class is a disaster. My car arbitrarily stalls since the day I rolled it off the lot. Unfortunately, the only time it does this is when I'm entering a busy road and need pick-up. Repeated trips to the dealership revealed nothing...except a waiting room of other angry M-class owners experiencing the same problem. Computer's been updated three times. My friends with C class cars are having similar problems. My guess is that Mercedes tried to make a lower priced vehicle for the "masses," and unfortunately, sacrificed quality. There are many SUV's out there for the same price-without the kinks.

Favorite Features

TeleAid (you'll need it!)

Suggested Improvements

Correcting the acceleration glitches in the computer system, better cup holders (under the air vents) because the current ones aren't deep enough and the drinks fall out during turns, stronger A/C (Mercedes A/C weren't made to handle South Florida summer heat)

owner
By javier cubas

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

excellent suv very nice drive

Love the 2003 ML 350
By Cldntsleep

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's a luxury SUV and very classy and easy to drive/maneuver. There are no blind spots, you have the option of obtaining a 3rd row, sports package, running boards, Bose sound system, tinted windows, and much more.

Favorite Features

I love the styling, steering control, compactness, and the fact that it has an awesome sound system.

Suggested Improvements

None.