2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
A Few Flaws
By ErikVB on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Got an ML 350 with 3rd row seating. Great option for those with children under 12 as they fold out of the way sideways and can be removed entirely pretty easily. Car is beautiful with Inspiration pkg and upgraded sound system is a must. I knew mpg wasn't going to be good, but faulty gas gauge sensor has made it worse (Could only go 200 miles on a tank, as sensor wasn't reading final 7 gallons or so). Also the moonroof didn't open properly at first and after getting it fixed, the weatherstripping around it is now falling off. I am hopeful dealer will be able to fix permanently. All in all, fun car to drive with a few production defects.

m-class
By ml500 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Best car I have ever driven.

great suv for a great price
By shariar on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is one great suv. It is very comortable and beautiful inside and out. I opted for the inspiration edition which gives you alot of options for a great value. I highly recommend the car to people who want a comfortable car but still want to arrive to the local country club with style.

Nightmare tri star
By dcs on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy this SUV, what do you get for a 40K SUV: plastic, problems, bad customer services, everything could go wrong will go wrong from the engine to trans, window, etc. Shop around for your money, don't pay for the name

Excellent Family SUV
By willy_t on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent family SUV with plenty of space, comfort and safety features. DVD navigation, inspiration package and Bose audio are excellent upgrades.

ML 500 slightly disappointing
By hairydog on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle overall, however a number of minor defects take away from the overall positive impression we have. Defects include: window trim that is fading extremely quickly/unevenly; rear windows which watermark w/o remediation possible; climate control fan system which randomly sends air to areas of its own choosing (noisy as well). Dealer resists repairing despite informing me these are "common problems" on ML 500's.

Don't buy one
By millerp on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The build quality and reliabilty is terrible. I have never owned a car or truck this bad.

Not impressed
By ML320 Owner on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I trusted the quality of Mercedes-Benz, but this vehicle did not meet my expectation. In the past several months, I had a few issues with its brakes, power windows, and transmission. The ride is fine. I did not notice this much when I purchased the vehicle, but the automaker went cheep by using many components made by plasctic. For the price I paid, I could've found a better-built vehicle in other brands. Just like any other comsumer products, you would be paying premeum for the name, not the quality you should get.

Long Live the 320
By Yarb on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

You're insane if you don't buy this SUV and even nuttier if you don't get a 320 instead of the 350. This is a great all around SUV. The gas mileage is not too bad, and you get real off-road capability if you need it (and sometimes up north you need it in the snow, regardless of what the advocates of "carlike" SUV's say). I think the 320 is a fantastic bargain right now. The dealers are motivated to sell, and I can't tell the difference in power between the two. And when push comes to shove, you just can't beat Benz customer service.

2003 ML350 Limited Edition "Inspiration"
By garyroseyu on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I previously wrote a glowing review for the 2003 ML320 that I purchased Sept of 2002. Well, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, MB delivers! The "Inspiration" package is a must. What an incredible value for all those upgrades (ML55 grill, ML500 rims, AMG seats w/ Athracite Leather, Chrome Instrument Panel Rings, etc.) I noticable increase in power. The AMG seats are great with add lumbar support and full bolsters. The interior is much more sportier. This is the right choice if you are looking for class and luxury.