2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
nic says
By nicl on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the look, the feeling of safety and luxury combined, which is crutial in my work of selling real estate. Chose it hands down over a Lexus SUV, even though ride is rougher and am so thrilled that I did.

2nd time around...
By Ives on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 1999 ML430 with a 2003 ML350. Improvements have definitely been made with regard to ride and handiling of the '03. The 2003 has a softer feel, though I do receive more engine noise than the ML430. My two biggest gripes are the same as those I have read in other chat rooms: no stereo controls on the steering wheel and poor fuel economy. Other than that, it's a great rig in many, many ways. Dealers are very aggressive with pricing on the MLs right now, too, so it's a good time to buy!

best suv ever
By mer her on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

this was the best suv ever tested

Gas Hog
By Madman on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The gas mileage on this vehicle has been awful. The sticker states it gets 15 city 18 hwy. I have yet to get 13 on the highway and I am lucky to get 11 around town. It is a noisy vehicle and really needs steering wheel audio controls. My GMC Yukon is overall a much better vehicle. The third row is even smaller than expected. It is pretty much useless.

a beuty and a beast
By jhonny on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

the power is awsome. the car is a beuty ive had mb suvs for a long time the only thing that this suv needs is more comfort for the driver and passenger that is the only thig that lacks .........

350
By res on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

nice ride, a few maintenance issues no real complaints

SUV for the Winter
By P. Murphy on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicles, not unstable, very good visual, safe stable ride

99 vs 2003
By OBIE on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We traded in a 1999 ML 320. We did have some problems with it. Fuel pump, Power Steering hose and Transponder. We really like this one much better.

Great Truck
By AMGML55 on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great truck...PERIOD. I looked at getting an X5 4.6, Toureg, Cayenne, MDX, Rx330(so bland)and even a Navigator. No comparison. This is a sports car in an SUV's body. Gas mileage sucks, but you have 342 ponies to play with. I've had to bring it in for a couple recalls and some minor things, but the dealership has been great. No regrets.

Better than ever!!!
By Second Timer on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We traded a '02 ML430 with 78K that was the best car we ever owned. Now, the '03 ML500 takes top honors. the drive is improved and the power makes it handle like a sports car going up hills. Great tow car, smarter trans, and some new convenience features. I'm getting better mileage than the 430: over 19 mpg (mostly freeway) because the torque just eats up the hills.