2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Still in love after 60K miles!
By Hardjr on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Trend setting M-B looks that others have followed will keep this SUV in style for years. An average 20mpg every tank. Great acceleration, performance and handling.

Love my ML 430
By Scott H on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

As expected, the handling and road manners are superb. Quality of interior is very high, and my entire family loves this vehicle. The ride is firm but very comfortable. It rewards the driver with excellent road manners and confident road feedback.

Worth the Money
By Scarmen on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

As expected, the handling and road manners are very good. Quality of interior is very high, and my entire family loves this vehicle. It rewards the driver with excellent road manners and confident road feedback. Have had no problems and the Mercedes dealers have been great.

Gotta luv it
By GMan on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

We got a great deal on this ML430 with 6 months and only 6000 miles on the clock and a 100K Starmark. Better deal than any new purchase. Yes, we've had to endure the stupid small fixes: drivers window stuck down, back passenger door sticking, left side of drivers seat broke. BUT, this is one heck of a drive and we love it on our 400 mile trips to Jay Peak. We had Pathfinders before, which we thought were comfortable, but this ML430 gets us there in such a refreshed state (and with style) that we now realize how mcuh of our energy went into driving the Pathfinders.

Gotta luv it
By gman on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

very pleased
By dodjie on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

very powerful, user friendly gadgets.

Spent Too Much!
By Sorry I bought! on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought this vehicle and spent the money thinking I was purchasing quality. Have had the car back to the shop at least 6 times for leaking anti freeze - can't seem to fix properly. Customer ervice totally rots once you buy the car - Treated with little respect as a female owner - would I do it again - NO WAY - even though I do like the car and even spent the $$$$ to purchase the extended warranty thinking I would keep until I got my monies worth. Even the brakes don't last - I have under 24,000 miles on this car and really try to keep it up but this is definitely high maintenance!!!!!

SMALL PROBLEMS ANNOY YOU
By ML320annoying on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I was surprised with the fact that I had to go back to my dealer several times a year starting from 2nd yr for small problems, such as window switch, door handle, equipment panel lights, brake light bulbs. It is really annoying and disappointing. Horsepower does not seem to be enough. Overall I like the car, its ext design, its handling as a SUV, and its Cargo space. Maybe ML 430 is better.

Terrible build quality
By Superdave on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

This car has been in the shop 21 times in two years, mostly for annoying little problems, sometimes seriuos problems. This is a Mercedes, it should be top quality. There are also some very goofy interior design flaws - why is the volume control on the passenger side? No sterring wheel audio controls and no door open light. It is fun to drive, and perfoms/ handles well. but way too much time in the shop. Simply not worth it. Also, MB USA simply doesn't care.

Not what you expect from a Benz
By Len on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought this ML new the first month the radio went! within a year I had to replace a power window switch, Rear pillar panel, and the top of the center armrest. within 18 months transmission leaked.The second winter the front heated seats quit. Not at all what you would expect from a Benz.