2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Just the Beginning... I Hope
By mfrankln on 03/24/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

We were shopping for a used SUV of far newer age but found this 2000 M-B ML430 really cheap at a small local used car lot. (The owner of the business has been in the same spot since 1987 and the entire community knows and respects him.) The ML430 had been sitting idle for about two years. It has some minor dings, a few rust spots from sitting under an old tree on his lot but was otherwise quite intact. Upon first test drive, we were immediately impressed. The only problem on day one was that it had 87 octane gas so we had to fill 'er up with some good stuff. It needed an oil change and the plugs (all 16 of them!) will be done be day's end today. Cont'd

bad service
By wenshen on 06/16/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This car keeps giving me problem. Every time the dealer charge me several hundreds just to check it. Once the dealer charge me $1000 for just checking the warning lights and not finding anything. The car is powerful and fun to drive in long-distance travels, but the bad service keep me away from buying a new benz car.

500,000 km and going strong
By jjroadtrip on 04/25/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Just reached 500,000 km and its still a reliable SUV. Body starting to rust, minor wear and tear repairs. Still getting the occasional recall notice.

Great SUV but
By tarrid on 04/18/13 22:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Real fun to drive, lots of power with the 4.3l. Nicely designed vehicle. but could have been made better. I have driven this ML for about 1 year now and if you dont stay on top of things it would fall apart. Just the up keep will put you in the red. Parts cost alot (dont buy from the dealler) unless they are small parts. $100 for a oil change ( oil and filter ) and i do it my self. synthetic oil only. $100 for the 16 spark plugs. super gas only $$$$$$$$ Tires $$$$$$, Power window switch. Check engine light on and off all the time. I knew it would cost abit more to keep (Mercedes Benz ) but i have a family and a life. This is a very time and money consumming vehicle to own.

Nice Car, but Very Costly to Maintain
By flomasta77 on 01/05/11 12:04 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Although we bought this car used, it has only been fun to drive for the first 4000 miles, then major things started breaking down in this car. Computer Module at 90k, $1000 repair. Then, cracked radiator at 92k, $900 repair. Then, 110k, tension belt and pulley blow out, $550 repair. Also, these repair are being done by mechanic, which is way less than what the dealer would charge. Normal wear and tear items like tires, brakes, and oil changes are very costly. It's a nice car, but it is becoming really difficult maintaining this vehicle. Also, the interior trim was made with cheap plastic, and is breaking. We expected better from a Mercedes-Benz product, and will not buy another.

Mercedes Should Be Ashamed..............
By glacierdon on 06/01/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

It's apparent that the 2000 ML 430 is a lemon. I have gone on various sites and people from all over are having the same exact problems. The windows won't roll down, the doors won't lock, the brakes always need replacing, the exterior lights are always blowing, the power steering went out, the sun roof gets stuck, the interior is coming apart, and now when I stop at lights it cuts off and won't start for about 30 to 40 minutes. this happens at least once a week. From my understanding these vehicles were built in the U.S. If I wanted an American car I would have bought a Ford. Mercedes should do a recall on these vehicles. The repairs needed on the vehicle are more than it's worth. Seriously!

Can Built a Better Car
By NOMORE on 03/09/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Never will buy another Mercedes Benz, now I have a Volvo (a much better car. Benz should built a better car for this kind of price I have it seating in my driveway because the latest is the the horn flat ribbon cable inside the steering wheel assembly it broke & came off (my horn doesn't work anymore), never heard this from any other car before shame on Mercedes-Benz-forget about the steering power pump I've paid twice to have it fix beside the recall- interior clothe by the windshield id coming off (both sides). No more Mercedes-Benz for me.

Solid Performance form my ML430
By RM on 03/01/09 15:12 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my ML430 in 04 with 22K miles and some remaining factory warranty. I have had some minor issues but for the most part it has been rock solid. It has used 3 sets of brake pads and a set of rotors over 90K miles. I did have a leak from the power steering pump that required service. The only issue now is that the interior is beginning to show its age. I use this car to tow a race car trailer long distances, it could use a but more power. The Nav system is very dated now but still works OK but there are no data updates anymore. Back seat fold-down system is just plain dumb. Like everybody the glue from the door insulation melts onto the windows on hot days. I still love this car!

Love it!
By joes on 07/10/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought as a certified vehicle with 25K on it. Now has over 100K and is as solid and smooth as ever. Minimal problems were covered by warranty. Gas mileage better than expected (16mpg in town/20mpg on road). Great vehicle. I am looking for another one with the diesel engine.

ML430
By joe on 04/03/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought as a certified vehicle with 25K miles. Now has almost 100K and has been a pleasure. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Still as solid and smooth as the day I bought it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »