2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
C350 moves!
By 2000 on 05/22/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After testing the Jaguar X type, I purchased the Mercedes C350 instead, and am I glad that I did! The handling is buttery smooth, the pick-up incredible! The quality overall leaves nothing to be desired.

First 1000 kms....great
By Herbert on 05/08/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C280 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my third C-class, so I knew exactly what to expect from the very beginning. The vehicle is much more refined, quieter and more confortable that previously owned C230K coupe and C240. Engine performance is superb with the 3.0 litre V6, pick-up is great at any speed as transmission selects the proper ratio every time. Fuel consumption is 7-8% better than the C240 but 10% more than C230K. Quite acceptable with a range of 800 kms. Now for the transmission: pick-up is immediate and fast in S mode, but the system takes a second or so to find second gear before taking off from a stop in Comfort mode. Yes the car really takes off in second gear.

New C-230
By darrell on 05/05/06 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes. My family love it. I bought the C230 sport Mars red with sat. radio. It may have been a bit pricey but you get what you paid for. The transmission was a litle tricky but very used to it now. Gas mileage is very good for a premium only car. It gets plenty of attention. I get plenty of compliments. It is a weekend car and my wife can't get enough of driving it. I would recommend this car for entry level budget buyers. I will never buy nothing but Mercedes.

Geared too low / Poor gas Mileage
By P3 IFO on 05/04/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love the car. 4500 miles with no repair issues. Car handles and rides great. Low road noise. Very good looking car. I have 3 minor issues; Manual transmission is geared to low, need a different rear end. This leads to poor fuel economy. Driving conservitavily I get 17-20 mpg around town. At 3500 miles the engine developed a low pitched howl. Dealer say it the metal chain on a nylon sprocket that drives the oil pump

2006 C230 Mars Red/Black Interior
By OD on 05/03/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought the wife the new '06 c230 7 speed automatic Sport, she loves it. The car handles great since she was coming off the H3 go figure how good we are doing with gas prices these days. The exterior is good looking and I wish it would come with leather instead of the half/half. Great looking car overall.

Sam's Baby
By Sue on 04/30/06 04:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Mercedes all of my adult life. My husband finally bought me one for our 30 anniversary. I love it! It's my baby! My old car is only two years old but when I drive it it feels like it is 10 years old. Nothing drives better than my Mercedes. I look forward to my next one. I hope that I will have the chance to move up to an even nicer model.

Mercedes-Benz great car
By c21sasa on 04/20/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my C230 about a month ago and it is really a nice car. Great interior and exterior. Comes standard with very nice 17 inch Mercedes rims and has that classy but sporty look to it. It has a 6 cylinder engine that gives 201 horses. While going 100 mph on the highway it feels like you're going 50. if you're going to buy a car in the $30-40,000 dollar range I highly suggest you look at the C230

Very Nice car
By jasonvc on 04/18/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

For an entry level Mercedes this car has a lot of features and is very nice to drive. Handling is tight, engine is quick and the turning radius is awesome.

Don't waste your money
By Adam on 04/16/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is not worth the money, at all. I have had numerous problems with this car, which are all well known by the dealers, but they won't acknowledge them until you bring it in for repairs. My dash squeeks, the front end can not be alined properly, the pressure in the fuel tank goes 'thud, thud, thud' all the time, the electronics don't work 15% of the time, the seats are uncomfortable, I have a re-call notice for the airbag system, it has very little power, 7 speed transmision is not fun to use, and the lay out of the instrument pannel is down right awful. I would suggest buying the E350 or Acura TL, but do not waste your money on this car. This is a poor Mercedes.

Still the best
By Jake on 04/09/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

What an impressive value! The styling is fantastic- they really did it right with the wheels and tires combination. Even the brake clipers say Mercedes on them (my friend's $70,000 Audi doesn't). I've only put 1,500 miles on it in 4 months and it lives in the garage, but is an absolute joy to drive. Pickup with the 6sp manual seems pretty good, but I haven't seen the economy on the sticker yet. Nicely equipped too, with lots of standards like the power seat, rain sensing windshield wipers, automatic headlights, sunshade, etc. Great value- I looked at the IS250, but Mercedes is still the best.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.