6 of 6 people found this review helpful
Great for Short driver
By lvt1 on
2012 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
I am only 5 ft. tall.
I usually drive vans/jeeps for better view while driving.
I fell for this minivan for several reasons:
1. best height adjustment I found for manual
2. great visual field for driver
3. all six seats are fine for me
4. handling feels good
5. not much road noise
6. better mileage than a Grand Caravan
7. middle row seats can slide by 6 inches
1. My family are all around 5 ft. 10 inches and they appreciate the good leg/ head room for driver.
2. The middle row passengers space is also somewhat adjustable.
3. There is some recline in the seats for longer trip napping.
IE>We were able to seat 2/3rd row on 1 side to gain enough cargo space for a small desk.
1. Short drivers need good sunglasses when the seat is far forward.
I end up with less shade up nearer the front window.
2. Fewer cup holders and niches for stuff, but this was an obvious change along with losing the vast cargo space of a big van.