2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Disappointed
By brianandr on 08/12/12 18:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

One of the big selling points for me was the HWY MPG. It has been a BIG disappointment so far. I have put 6000 miles on it and have yet to get better than 24MPG. KIA states 32...HOW?! My last 3 Nissans(Rogue, Versa, 350Z) all got at or above what the factory claimed, including the Rogue(which I should have gone with again). I love that it has plenty of room and comes at a great value but if I had known I wasn't even going to get in the ballpark of their HWY MPG, I would have gone a different route.

Satisfied
By krmc on 08/04/12 06:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my '12 Sorento for 6 months now. My daily driving is roughly 50 miles to and from work. A stop at the babysitter, mostly highway. I get 22-24 MPG depending on the insanity of traffic. We recently took a family vacation from PA to RI and driving conservatively we got a hair over 30 MPG. Driving home we drove more aggressively and still got a little over 28 MPG. The only negative I have to give is each side does have a blind spot and you can easily side swipe someone as my husband and I both have nearly done. It would be nice to have a V6 but the only time I really wished for it was on our vacation getting through some tight areas.

We Love Our KIA!
By bjohnsonstl on 08/01/12 11:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Kia Sorento from Suntrup Kia in St. Louis for about 3 months now. We have been on 2 long trips (one 1600 miles round trip) and the car has performed very well. We love our Kia and will certainly be buying another Sorento in about 5 years.

Could not ask for better
By jnell on 07/08/12 05:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Sorento 11 months ago and absolutely love everything about it. The features, the design, the ride, gas mileage, etc. In 11 months, I have put 20,000 miles on it and never had any problems. The only thing it has ever gone to the dealership for is oil and tire rotations. I hit a deer about 5 months after having it. I was worried with it being a new car parts would be different, etc. It runs awesome after being repaired and I can't even tell anything is different about it. I love my vehicle, its everything I want. I won't buy anything but Kia from now on due to the service and awesome warranty. Nothing bad to say after having it 20,000 miles, absolutely love it!!!!!!

32 MPG my [non-permissible content removed]
By mjwitz on 07/06/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Let me start out by saying this is a nice SUV. Quiet smooth ride. Decent power with the 4 banger. The brakes are solid. I did not get 4WD to get better mileage. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the 4WD because the mileage sucks anyway. I do combined driving and get 23.5 MPG. No where near the stated 32.

Exactly what I was looking for!!!
By ontheroad09 on 06/30/12 14:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I needed a 7 seater suv...but I did not want to go over a certain amt. my friend told me to go to yonkers kia. she got one from there and she said they were great. I called and spoke with Jaslyn. she was great and knew that what i needed. I came in and spoke with John I took my car hom.e with me the same day. everything was so nice and professional. the manager said he would make it happen for me and he did. I will tell all my friends and family to go see Yonkers Kia. thanks

A great compromise.
By jdubbs19 on 06/28/12 15:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the Sorento after looking at the CR-V and Rav4. The Sorento won out for the obvious: better warranty, features and more truckish styling (at least in our opinion). We got a killer deal (as does just about anybody) and read through the requirements to uphold the warranty to the 'T'. Long story short, it's a killer value and so far nothing has gone wrong. We've put 10,000 miles in three months, taking long trips, moving and hauling lots of cargo. It's proven to be comfortable while averaging about 25-26 mpg on the highway and about 20 mpg in the city. Kia's advertised 32 mpg can be achieved and has been, but only while driving 60-65 mph on a steady, flat highway. I'd buy it again.

Sorento 2012 LX 2.4 Front Wheel Drive
By frjohn42 on 05/23/12 08:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have already driven my Sorento 2,000 miles in 6 weeks and I can say that its a very comfortable ride. Being a big person, 6ft 3in with a offensive lineman's build I am comfortable. I purchased the 4 cylinder front wheel drive, base model w/ convenience package, i.e. park assist on the mirror and auto dimming, remote start, heated seats, cargo net, cargo cover, sorento floor mats. I have been driving with the ac on most of the time and I have been getting about 21-22 miles per gallon city driving and about 25-26 on the highway.

10,000 miles and loving it
By soccermom57 on 05/03/12 09:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have previously owned five Chrysler Town and Country minivans and was ready to downsize. I did a great deal of research and decided to buy the Sorento SX over the Chevy Equinox due to the tremendous warranty difference and that it is made in the US. I now have 10,000 miles on this car, purchased on October of 2011, and love it. It's fun and comfortable to drive, I am getting the gas mileage promised-about 20 around town and close to 30 on the highway-with the V6. The ride is firm and fun, very responsive. I have had NO problems with this car and really love it. I highly recommend it and have not had any issues with the dealership at all ,they have been excellent.

Falling Out Of Love
By jclaeys on 04/29/12 11:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 used in Dec. with less than 5K on odo. Was impressed then with the value. Now at just 8K beginning to realize that this is a good vehicle, not a great one by any means. Probably first and foremost is service, it's just completely lacking, and until KIA becomes a household name it will probably remain so. I am disappointed with the gas mileage, as I am easy on the pedal and am only able to avg. 20MPG combined 50/50. I have made countless calls and visits to the dealer for an engine that "shakes" at idle with the brakes apllied. I have to place car in neutral at every stop light. Problem is, as long as there is no engine light on, no one knows what to do. Stay clear of "4"

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Sorento Suv in WA is:

$170 per month*