Used 2012 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Dependable SUV
By GARY

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Drivers side seat control panel broke off twice, replaced under warranty both times, rear hatch lift piston stopped holding the door open in the 5th year, replaced under warranty, no other problems at all in first 5 years.

Turd
By Richienoggin

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Don't ever buy Kia! First it was a class action law suit for the timing belt braking. Then it's the gas mileage mix up got way less then it was suppose too. So they send you a credit card with the difference every so offen so nice of them. No my Kia has 90.000 oil don't every 3000 an now it somehow has no oil it at all an prob blew up. An no warning at all. Look it up people Kia oil problems. See for yourself. Kia may fix mine who knows but I doubt it reading the rest of the people with the same exact thing go wrong. BEWARE

Constantly breaking down on me!
By Jeremy

2012 Kia Sorento SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my sorento with 100,000 miles on it. So far a hose busted and over heated the engine leaving me stranded. Once fixed, two more hoses busted. Then a week after getting that fixed. The crankshaft position sensor went bad and wouldn't start. Replaced that myself (80$ for the part). The next day the crankshaft position sensor (another 80$ part) went bad and left me broke down at the gas station. And every once in a while the rpm's drop and the motor shakes like crazy for about 5-10 seconds before reving back up. POS!! I can't wait to trade this in on something that's worth a [non-permissible content removed]!

Noisy bottom
By Bridgett

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this SUV in May of 2014,we drove a month and started getting a thumping noise when you accelerate now it does it when accelerating and some,then it stops.Weve had it to kia 5 times does anyone have any clue what it could be.

Got a great used 6cyl coming off lease
By Terry Herron

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the 6cyl and I'm glad. I've heard since that the 4cy version has significantly less power and virtually no difference in MPG. I drive daily at 50/50 city and highway and it delivers between 23 and 24mpg over all. Highway only roadtrips get about 28mpg. I consider this good for the size and weight of the vehicle. I've had it almost a year, and it does well on the snowy/icy Minnesota roads. The heated mirrors and parking assist 'tipping' of the mirrors is great. I like the push-button start--I never have to get out my keys--the button on the door handle locks and unlocks the car. The heated and cooled seats are so nice for that instant need for heat or cooling. It would be nice to have at least one more USB port. Some haters say Kia has a 'cheap' feel, but I don't think so. Seats are comfortable and it's SO versatile--you can 6 passengers besides yourself (7 if they're small and you cheat a little), OR you can fold down the seats and have as much room for hauling as a pickup with a topper.