2012 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Fun to drive, nothing like it

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Fun to drive, nothing like it
By raiders2 on

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Been driving since August 11 and this is not only the best wrangler yet, it is best in class. This Jeep is great for daily driving and of course keeps the best in class out of the box off road capability even with the sport version. The new Pentastar V6 improves performance and mpg. Hard to rate reliability after 3 weeks but since it is required, gave it a 5.

Can't beat the removable top and doors. Been driving that way since I got it!

Would be nice to have more wheel choices but I guess it allows everyone to customize their own with aftermarket.
By cstrait37
on 09/13/12 19:15 PM (PDT)

OK.. SO, I trade in a 2010 Grand Cherokee HEMI for a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited with: leather, 730n, locking diff, hard top, sahara, auto, 3.21 gears, DOZER (check it, you'll love it) and every other option... Dealer says i'm crazy... "GC rides smooth, Wrangler is like a truck". I AM SOLD... 2 months later and 3800 miles, I LOVE MY WRANGLER.... It's the 5th Jeep I have owned and BY FAR is the BEST. I put on a LOT of miles because I travelled 800 miles to get it... My KIDS love it and my WIFE adores it... top off... (Jeep), doors off... you can't do that in a GC. Same space (we travel all over the East in the summer), BETTER mileage (I'm avearging 20 mixed driving) and the WOW factor... DO IT! Once the VVT "learned" my driving habits, I am down to 19.4 MPG, bit it is still better than the 16.8 I was getting with the Grand. BEST MPG was was 24.8, WORST was 18.4. It's a stunner at the beach in Cape Cod... The new tranny/engine combo is fantastic. I would NEVER drive another vehicle.. BE SURE TO WAVE! You won't be disappointed...