Poor Quality and Reliability
By starbort on
2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)
My Jeep is now just over 3 months old (4k miles) and has visited the dealership with major problems twice. First, the transmission shifts in low gears are terrible; not what you would expect from a new vehicle. A software updated reduced, but did not fix the issue. Second, the electrical system in the car is suspect. It went haywire on me. The windshield wipers turned on and couldn't be stopped, the turn signals went out and the odometer was flashing non-stop. Of course, by the time I reached the dealership it was asymptomatic, so I was basically told, to bad, bring it back broken. Hopefully next time the electrical goes out nothing more serious occurs. Buyer beware on this vehicle.
By srqbryman2
on 05/12/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

Uh oh, someone at work just showed me this review and thought it was me. After reading it, it certainly could have been me: The transmission was not problematic. However, the electrical system issue is spot-on. 2014 Chrokee FWD Limited with 4-cyl. We were very pleased UNTIL around 4300 miles, all of a sudden, the front windshield wiper would not turn off. Now this wouldn't have been an issue if it was raining, but of course it wasn't. The turn signals wouldn't work, which made driving unsafe and the odometer flashed. This all started in February and the Dealer had the car for 27 days. About 2 weeks in, we filed a notice with the FL Attorney General's office under Florida's Lemon Law (you have to do this to make a claim). The Dealer replaced the wiring harness, the rear wiper motor (not sure why), the ECM and who know whatever else in those 27 days, then gave it back to us with the "all clear". Of course, 2 days later it did the same thing. Each time it went to the Dealer, when they checked it out, the problem wasn't there. However, the error code generated when this occurs doesn't just disappear, it has to be removed by the dealer (or whoever else is working on it). The second time it went in, we were told there were no error codes (which is not possible), but that they wouldn hold it for a few days to check it. 2 weeks later (and after we filed an arbitration request with the FL Attorney General), BINGO, they're buying the vehicle back and, as far as our trade goes, Florida gives us the option to either accept reimbursement for what we received in the trade, OR, the NADA RETAIL allowance. Well, guess which option we chose? I hadn't posted a review of this vehicle previously because I had searched all over and could not find one single complaint similar to mine. However, it seems as these vehicles get some miles on them, we may be seeing more and more of these issues. I myself have no confidence in the quality of Jeep and Chrysler in general and will go back to Japanese makes/models...