2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Terrible Transmission!
By lcresap

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought new, 6K miles (right now) and I'm on my 3rd transmission!! I was told by Jeep Engineers that they don't know what is wrong with my Jeep so they just keep putting new transmissions in to see if it will be fixed. I don't want this car anymore and I'm tired of it being in the shop more than having it in my driveway. I used to love this car but now I hate it and will never buy another Jeep again.

Favorite Features

Really nice interior. Awesome stereo system and sound. Love the color and all the interior extras. I did by the extra packages so it is very comfy inside.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission issues before you make anymore of these vehicles.

Constant Transmission Issues
By bachleda

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Owned the car a year and has been to the stealership 5 times for shifting problems. Do not buy this car until Chrysler has fixed the shifting problems. My car will not down shift properly and wants to stay in 3rd gear. If you slow down and try to speed up, you cannot because you are in too high of a gear and have to stomp on the gas for it to go. I have been in almost 3 accidents because of this.

Suggested Improvements

Repair transmission shift issues

16 Months of Fun and Comfort
By bendbob

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

With nearly 40,000 miles on the clock and a wide range of road experiences behind us now, we LOVE this car! Our jeep turns heads with its great looks and fits into any parking lot next to Mercedes or Lexus models. However, the knowing looks of other owners betrays that they are aware our Jeep is much more capable. The all wheel drive system seems seamless as we negotiate icy, twisty roads, deep sand or even deep snow. We continue to rack up carefree miles and truly enjoy our ownership experience. The few times we have needed Jeep support it has been there in first class style. We look forward to many more years of this love affair exploring the country.

Favorite Features

Long road trips: comfort, wonderful highway ride and forgiving suspension for harsh conditions make multiple 10 to 14 hour days behind the wheel a treat. Driving at 80 plus MPH on some highways the ride remains quiet, comfortable and responsive. Mountain roads: fantastic cornering and acceleration equal fun. Towing: surprisingly easy hookup and rock solid feel with even a pretty heavy trailer behind us takes away the stress. Varied road conditions: we have calmly traversed blizzard snow, ice, deep sand, rocky hills and gravel isolated roads in the same comfort as though on a highway. We always feel safe and secure.

Suggested Improvements

There are a few niggles: The button which activates the voice command seems to be located where I frequently activate it while turning or reversing. The sun glass holder is very small and between the two of us we don't have any slim enough to fit inside. The side door storage compartments have a half divider which makes it very hard to conveniently hold things.

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2 v6 24 valve 9spd
By tayden22

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have had my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for exactly 1 year ,I have put nearly 9,000 miles on it and had zero problems. The 3.2 24 valve V6 seems to have more positive reviews than the 4 cyl ,to me its an suv with trail rated off road capabilities you need the V6 power ,when you switch from normal to sport for more aggressive driving it basically turns into a 5 speed and has a ton of power ,regular driving I use the 9 speed auto and get great fuel mileage ,every where I go I get comments on it ,the way it looks the way the V6 sounds the leather dash seats ,wheel etc its an awesome ride and I traded in my grand Cherokee overland w/V8 hemi !Would take Trailhawk hands down over the grand

Favorite Features

Being able to switch drive modes depending on conditions ,the all leather interior with trailhawk sewn into seat back heated seats and wheel all the airbags ,crazy nav system with media etc 17" rims powerfull V6 engine and the 9 speed transmission

Suggested Improvements

Im tall maybe a little more headroom ,little bigger than 15.8 fuel tank

Power Transfer Unit Problems
By NY_Girl

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought a 2014 Trailhawk at the end of the year. We are now at less than 7000 miles on it and the Power Transfer Unit is toast. Back to the dealership and they expect to have it a week. Prior to this issue, I had no major complaints. Beast in the snow and not bad on gas. The interior makes you feel like you are in a much more expensive vehicle. The heated steering wheel gets a little too warm and wish there was a little more headroom...minor issues until the PTU problems. Dealership said we were not the first ones to have this problem. Little consolation though. Hope Jeep figures it out!

Favorite Features

Touch screen climate and radio, passenger seat storage, factory installed remote start

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights, automatic climate control, lower temp on heated steering wheel