2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2 v6 24 valve 9spd
By tayden22

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have had my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for exactly 1 year ,I have put nearly 9,000 miles on it and had zero problems. The 3.2 24 valve V6 seems to have more positive reviews than the 4 cyl ,to me its an suv with trail rated off road capabilities you need the V6 power ,when you switch from normal to sport for more aggressive driving it basically turns into a 5 speed and has a ton of power ,regular driving I use the 9 speed auto and get great fuel mileage ,every where I go I get comments on it ,the way it looks the way the V6 sounds the leather dash seats ,wheel etc its an awesome ride and I traded in my grand Cherokee overland w/V8 hemi !Would take Trailhawk hands down over the grand

Favorite Features

Being able to switch drive modes depending on conditions ,the all leather interior with trailhawk sewn into seat back heated seats and wheel all the airbags ,crazy nav system with media etc 17" rims powerfull V6 engine and the 9 speed transmission

Suggested Improvements

Im tall maybe a little more headroom ,little bigger than 15.8 fuel tank

Power Transfer Unit Problems
By NY_Girl

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought a 2014 Trailhawk at the end of the year. We are now at less than 7000 miles on it and the Power Transfer Unit is toast. Back to the dealership and they expect to have it a week. Prior to this issue, I had no major complaints. Beast in the snow and not bad on gas. The interior makes you feel like you are in a much more expensive vehicle. The heated steering wheel gets a little too warm and wish there was a little more headroom...minor issues until the PTU problems. Dealership said we were not the first ones to have this problem. Little consolation though. Hope Jeep figures it out!

Favorite Features

Touch screen climate and radio, passenger seat storage, factory installed remote start

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights, automatic climate control, lower temp on heated steering wheel

Love our 2014 Trailhawk
By gerald41

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought our Trailhawk 1/2014 after we fell in love with it's design. Well we currently have 9k on it and have had no issues with it at all. We took it in for the transmission updates but because we were asked to, we never really had any complaints with it's shifting. We're in our late 50's so we had to learn how to drive this new ride. It does have a delay in acceleration and when you let off the gas, but nothing that's hard to adjust to. In all we love the truck, it's very comfortable, has all we wanted and most of all to date has been very dependable. I will say it has never used the ninth gear , seems that 7th is the gear it's in when driving at 65. Gas milage is averaging around 20.8.

Favorite Features

Design and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Have to get use to the no key system. No crazy about needing a battery powered fob to start the truck. Bring back keys!

Cherokee at 4000 miles
By rgoodspeed

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First and foremost I have been a jeep guy for several decades so I do like the product. This is my 8th Jeep and my Trailhawk replaced my beloved 2006 Liberty CRD that was mint at 100,000 I must say! The Cherokee has exceeded my expectations in all ways...the car is fun to drive the V-6 has a ton of power the MPG are over 20 all the times. I have had zero issues over the first 4000 miles, I took it in for the lastest transmission flash but I was not having any issues or problems. The best vehicle in its class for sure, a little on the procey side when you get it loaded up and I do not like the 15.5 gallon gas tank that is filled from the right side. Great vehicle in all aspects.

Favorite Features

Tech package is very cool, U connect works well, seats are great.

Suggested Improvements

Increase size of fuel tank

Apparently no option for a V6 Trailhawk review...
By bodhizuffa

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

So this is what I have. I love it so far but only have about 500 miles on it. Like I said, I love it, it drives great, love the uConnect system. Keep that in mind as I will only list my gripes so far here. The A Pillar is very big, so gauging traffic to the left and turning and/or pulling into traffic takes some getting used to. The throttle is really sensitive. Takes some time to get used to it. Also, the steering is very boosted at slow speeds; more weighted otherwise. I prefer a direct and consistent response, but that's my preference. I also wish the tilt/telescoping steering was a little more adjustable. It doesn't go low enough for me. But a great vehicle so far.

Favorite Features

UConnect, leather seats, versatility, looks awesome.

Suggested Improvements

More direct steering at all speeds; tranny is a little rough when shifting among low gears.