2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Love our 2014 Trailhawk
By gerald41 on 07/27/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought our Trailhawk 1/2014 after we fell in love with it's design. Well we currently have 9k on it and have had no issues with it at all. We took it in for the transmission updates but because we were asked to, we never really had any complaints with it's shifting. We're in our late 50's so we had to learn how to drive this new ride. It does have a delay in acceleration and when you let off the gas, but nothing that's hard to adjust to. In all we love the truck, it's very comfortable, has all we wanted and most of all to date has been very dependable. I will say it has never used the ninth gear , seems that 7th is the gear it's in when driving at 65. Gas milage is averaging around 20.8.

Cherokee at 4000 miles
By rgoodspeed on 07/03/14 10:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First and foremost I have been a jeep guy for several decades so I do like the product. This is my 8th Jeep and my Trailhawk replaced my beloved 2006 Liberty CRD that was mint at 100,000 I must say! The Cherokee has exceeded my expectations in all ways...the car is fun to drive the V-6 has a ton of power the MPG are over 20 all the times. I have had zero issues over the first 4000 miles, I took it in for the lastest transmission flash but I was not having any issues or problems. The best vehicle in its class for sure, a little on the procey side when you get it loaded up and I do not like the 15.5 gallon gas tank that is filled from the right side. Great vehicle in all aspects.

Apparently no option for a V6 Trailhawk review...
By bodhizuffa on 05/17/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

So this is what I have. I love it so far but only have about 500 miles on it. Like I said, I love it, it drives great, love the uConnect system. Keep that in mind as I will only list my gripes so far here. The A Pillar is very big, so gauging traffic to the left and turning and/or pulling into traffic takes some getting used to. The throttle is really sensitive. Takes some time to get used to it. Also, the steering is very boosted at slow speeds; more weighted otherwise. I prefer a direct and consistent response, but that's my preference. I also wish the tilt/telescoping steering was a little more adjustable. It doesn't go low enough for me. But a great vehicle so far.

I hate this car!
By jenjane11 on 05/17/14 14:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I was so excited to get a new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I have been a Jeep owner for the past 14 years. I dislike the hard shifting in the lower gears. It has been in the dealer 3 times now with 4000 miles. The first time was due to a clunking noise when shifting - I was told there was nothing wrong. 2nd time for an oil leak. Now it has been in the garage for 2 days due to a transmission fluid leak. It was barely drivable- stuttering at every accererlation in low gears. Ridiculous!

basically a nice car but some maddening quirks
By flyingfish3 on 05/04/14 14:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First, I have the Trailhawk with the Pentastar V6--this site won't let me enter that model--not the 4 cylinder. I like the car so far; it drives and handles well, I get up to 30 mpg on the highway (but much less than 20 mpg in the city), the visibility is fine, and the safety features are fine. It seems very capable offroad, but I dislike that you can only choose among different 4WD programs instead of choosing how you want the 4WDto work myself. But it has some weird quirks that are really irritating, and the lack of cargo space--a victim of its exterior design--is a bit bothersome.

Trailhawk 6cyl loaded
By angrybird1 on 04/30/14 05:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I traded my Subaru 3.6R wagon after it blew a head gasket after 60,000mi. I decided to try the new Cherokee and I was not disapointed. I can say I've had Chevys, Subarus, Hondas and Nissans and this is the first vehicle I can honestly say I can't find anything I dont' like about it. The performance and comfort are amazing and I love the front to back sunroof. Off road handling is Jeep Trail Rated and does not disapoint. Love my Hawk!

Trailhawk is Amazing
By master_v2k on 03/15/14 00:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought one of the first Trailhawks that came to Southern California, after harassing the plethora of jeep dealerships on a daily basis and even insisting on a deposit which they couldn't do due to the many delays that plagued the cherokee in the beginning to middle of last year 2013, Shaver Jeep in Thousand Oaks came through in November. It's now March and couldn't be happier. I didn't want the pricier Tech option, but I couldn't wait anymore, so I got the top of the Line Fully loaded V6 with every option available, sticker was around 41,900. Own a cabin in the mountains also, so it does come in handy

Tall Wagon With Jeep MoJo - Hot
By brucebolen1 on 02/19/14 16:27 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

4x4 Trailhawk V-6 has excitement and passion. Owned many SUVs like Tahoes, X5, ML and original 87 Cherokee. Drives like a luxury vehicle, refined, comfortable, fast, powerful. Interior design, materials, fit and finish and seat design first rate (better than Grand Cherokee). Interface screen, nav and controls (with backup) is very intuitive and the best in the business. Love exterior and interior style including front end. Blacked-out trim on a white Trailhawk with black hood trim is awesome. Passing power is totally appropriate for the situation with partial-throttle downshifts (9-speed does not mind skipping a gear). Low RPM at any speed. Uses regular 87 octane gas.

Just finished 3,000 mile road trip
By bendbob on 02/17/14 10:32 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

We got home yesterday from a road trip taking us a little over 3,000 miles of the western US. Very comfortable, well mannered under all conditions. We even did some mild off roading in Arizona and the car never felt anything but ready for more. In mountain driving it can seem to struggle a bit to find which of the 9 gears it really wants to be in at the moment. economy was what you would expect from highway speeds in the 80s (gotta love Arizona and Utah!) mountain roads and carrying 2 adults, one Spaniel-human and a load of gear. We came home from the trip more sold on the car than ever.

Switched out X3 for V6 Trailhawk and couldn't be happier!
By loisc on 02/07/14 06:13 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I went for all the bells and whistles. The car is sharp on the outside and luxurious on the inside. It is solidly built, downright peppy with the V6, and full of high-end technology and safety features. On the third day of ownership, the crank shaft sensor failed and car was in the garage two days; however, it is working well since the repair.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Cherokee in VA is:

$140 per month*