Used 2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Still in love after 3 years
By icuwon1stprize

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It was love at first sight 3 years ago. My 2006 E350 Mercedes 4matic had 140,000 and it was getting tired. Great car, no headaches, just blaa styling. Then my eyes met the UK headlamps of the Jaguar XF at it was over. The understated exterior could easily be mistaken for a number of other cars but another glance turns into a stare. She is gorgeous! Classic lines draw you in while her interior touches of the transmission knob that rises out of the console to the air vents that open and close when you start the car seal your fate. Like a beautiful woman, she does have her faults and demands attention. If you read the posts on how to deal with her querks, she will amaze you!

Styling, tramsmission knob, air vents, performance and reliability. yes, reliability!

Jaguar XF 09
By jagxf09

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When stopping at a light or stop sign, I feel the jerking of my Jag after I've completely stopped. Is this happening to anybody else? Just bought it OCT 24th 2012 at a really good price but after reading some of the reviews I'm praying I'm not going to regret it. I have a 2001 Inifiniti I-30 as well, and it's been the world to me. No real troubles out of it and i have 270K miles on it and have had it since 04. I love the Jag but!! The factory warranty is already out when i called. Hope someone can shed light. It runs great just that one issue.

Used 2009 XF
By carl_f

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car in May 2012 with 13,000 miles on it. After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about the low miles, but said "what the hey?", traded in my beloved 2002 XJ8 with 120,000 miles on it and bought it. It has truly been a fun car to drive.

First things first - I can't argue with a car that had a high average of 31.5mpg on a cross-country trip, full average of 27+mpg (rated 16/24). The performance is terrific and the braking is sure and swift. I love the interior and after being so used to the old XJ8 styling, I came to love the exterior styling (thought it a bit rakish at first). Since most of my driving was Interstate freeways, the acceleration was outstanding, the ride tight and quiet. I even ran it up to 100mph and not a complaint!

At this point I would recommend taking a second look at the shifter. I was in Sport Mode climbing the hills into Jerome, AZ. Having found a parking space, I tried to shift into Reverse, was stuck in Drive and finally got the shifter to cooperate (I didn't dare shut off the car and restart). The sunroof switch broke with the sunroof open, but I finally got it closed after a few trys. All in all I can see my Jaguar love affair continuing as my dealer is terrific - their service experience was a real selling point despite the many reviews I read about this car. As noted in other reviews, the rear visibility leaves more to be desired, of course the backing sensors and the camera are a big help

"Year Of The Cat" an update.
By sgt_pepper

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Supercharged 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I reviewed this car when I first got it in April 2008, and again several months later. Fast forward 4 years and 46,000 miles. I have had several problems. All but one (transmission shifter recall) were minor nuisances that didn't stop the vehicle and were handled quickly by the Jaguar dealer. At the end of my lease (April 2012), I purchased the car and a dealer warrenty. I plan to keep driving and enjoying this cat for years to come. It is a stunning ride and has saved my life from some nimrod exiting the freeway from the middle lane. Great brakes and panic stop control!

Check out my other reviews.

Dosen't matter. It's used.

Great warranty
By cyborgen

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time at the garage if you intend to keep the car in good condition and learn to relax... Jaguar patience requires a visit to India where you will meet with Swami Tata who will teach you how to breathe calmly while your car is being fixed... again ... and again.... breathe slowly he will stay as you decompress in the waiting room. Think of the beauty and transcending flow of the car's hypnotic design.. do not focus on the negative.. relax.. Do your homework !! when your warranty is about to expire, get a full cost accounting of what went wrong. At this stage I'm not sure post warranty ownership makes economic sense. Its called due diligence.

Best feature is driving away from Jaguar service in a freshly washed XF hoping not to return so soon.

Better QA and building on proven designs requiring less visits back to the service docks.