Used 2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Love the Engine and Look - But Hate the Car
By Brian

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Jaguar XF used, 5 years old. Was very very happy for the first year. Drives incredible, acceleration is to die for, by far and away the most fun car I have ever driven with its handeling and acceleration and gear shifter into "S" . HOWEVER, extremely disappointed in the electrical. At $4k in repairs in the last 3 months. The final straw was $1200 for my headlight to work again. Oh, the standard joke, what did you get fixed? A headlight? - Why yes, and while the answer is more conveluted then just replacing a simple headlight, the question is correct. The only thing wrong is the headlight, and something to do with the inside is the problem, with $700 for the new part, plus labor... the car lights up like a Christmas tree. I have Yellow lights, Red lights, White lights all going off at different times. Overall, just really disappointed right now, and buying a second cheap car to get around with while I own this car too...

If they had kept the technology simple, this would have been a much better car. Really don't need the false alarms for tires low. don't need the false alarms for coolant low. If they had just kept the electronics simple, this would be a much better car. The engine and seating and turbo is to die for. Unfortunately, the electrical gives you a reason.

Buyer beware..
By mlmcafee

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the Jaguar xf 6 mos ago used..looked good ran good until all kind of electronical problems started..had to replace fuel tank door twice wouldn't open do to electronical problem..Dome lights just flickers off and on while driving..powerstearing pump went out.. paint on hood just started fading..just a money pit..car looks awesome, turns heads. .but after reading and seeing I'm not the olny one with all kinds of problems I hate I bought this car..had less problems with my Mercedes and Corvette..Bad investment..No one willing to buy ..due to low demand for these pricey over rated money pits...

Still in love after 3 years
By icuwon1stprize

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It was love at first sight 3 years ago.
My 2006 E350 Mercedes 4matic had 140,000 and it was getting tired.
Great car, no headaches, just blaa styling.
Then my eyes met the UK headlamps of the Jaguar XF at it was over.
The understated exterior could easily be mistaken for a number of other cars but another glance turns into a stare.
She is gorgeous!
Classic lines draw you in while her interior touches of the transmission knob that rises out of the console to the air vents that open and close when you start the car seal your fate.
Like a beautiful woman, she does have her faults and demands attention.
If you read the posts on how to deal with her querks, she will amaze you!

Styling, tramsmission knob, air vents, performance and reliability. yes, reliability!

Jaguar XF 09
By jagxf09

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When stopping at a light or stop sign, I feel the jerking of my Jag after I've completely stopped. Is this happening to anybody else? Just bought it OCT 24th 2012 at a really good price but after reading some of the reviews I'm praying I'm not going to regret it. I have a 2001 Inifiniti I-30 as well, and it's been the world to me. No real troubles out of it and i have 270K miles on it and have had it since 04. I love the Jag but!! The factory warranty is already out when i called. Hope someone can shed light. It runs great just that one issue.

Used 2009 XF
By carl_f

2009 Jaguar XF Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car in May 2012 with 13,000 miles on it. After reading the reviews I was a bit concerned about the low miles, but said "what the hey?", traded in my beloved 2002 XJ8 with 120,000 miles on it and bought it. It has truly been a fun car to drive.

First things first - I can't argue with a car that had a high average of 31.5mpg on a cross-country trip, full average of 27+mpg (rated 16/24). The performance is terrific and the braking is sure and swift. I love the interior and after being so used to the old XJ8 styling, I came to love the exterior styling (thought it a bit rakish at first). Since most of my driving was Interstate freeways, the acceleration was outstanding, the ride tight and quiet. I even ran it up to 100mph and not a complaint!

At this point I would recommend taking a second look at the shifter. I was in Sport Mode climbing the hills into Jerome, AZ. Having found a parking space, I tried to shift into Reverse, was stuck in Drive and finally got the shifter to cooperate (I didn't dare shut off the car and restart). The sunroof switch broke with the sunroof open, but I finally got it closed after a few trys. All in all I can see my Jaguar love affair continuing as my dealer is terrific - their service experience was a real selling point despite the many reviews I read about this car. As noted in other reviews, the rear visibility leaves more to be desired, of course the backing sensors and the camera are a big help