2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
VERY RELIABLE, A GREAT VALUE
By Roger on 10/15/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase this car for my wife's birthday a couple of years ago. She has been the primary driver. I have maintained the vehicle since new, and the only things I have done are routine maintenance. The tires will need to be replaced soon, but they are OEM and have give good service. The fit and finish rival the best SUV's out there. It has NO squeaks or rattles and the paint looks like new. The last time I had the tires rotated and balanced the brakes showed only 50% wear. My wife's cars always eat pads, so I am really impressed. Everything works just like it was new. Absolutely no problems. The warranty is the best in the industry. Can't beat it.

Santa Fe Rocks
By Goprocks on 10/09/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe is well made vehicle. We have had the SUV for over 2 years, we have experienced absolutely no problem. We would definitely buy another Hyundai.

Hate This Vehicle
By Robin on 10/07/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle new off the truck. Thought I was getting a good deal for the money, but have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Had to put new tires on at 18,000 miles, along with new rear brakes. Hyundai would NOT even speak to us about it. "Wear Items". Now at 25000 miles it has been in the shop 4 times for throttle sensor issues. Actually had the dealer I purchased the vehicle from deem the car UNSAFE to drive out of their repair shop at 18,000 miles. RIDICULOUS. Never owned such a undependable vehicle. Will NEVER purchase another Hyundai. Currently getting ready to contact an attorney in regards to this terrible vehicle. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Service
By John on 09/19/09 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been a joy to drive. I still have not Had any of the problems written about by others. I have not had any interior light problems either.  This could be because I purchased vehicle at the end of May 2007.  Earlier models in the year may not have had all of the interior map/dome lights and automatic switches installed at time of purchase.  I learned from past experience to purchase a new vehicle as late in model year as possible.  This way manufacture, would have gotten feed back on your particular model/make. For example; if you purchased your Santa Fe Limited 3.3 liter engine in september of 2006, interior lights may not have come on when doors were opened. Later on yes.

Dissapointed!
By SF2007 on 09/17/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in November 2007. Having high hopes this would be the last car I would have to buy for a long time. I had the car in for the 15,000 mile maintenance in July 2009 and mentioned it had started making a roaring noise, more prevalent at lower speeds. I was told it was tire noise and the tires were feathering. I have had the tires rotated at the specified times why would they feather? If they are feathering at 15,000 miles something's wrong! I have not been able to get any results from Hyundai as to the real problem. The car is also downshifting hard at 30 miles when coming to a stop. I don't think I'll be buying any make, model or type of Hyundai again.

Chronic Sensor Problems
By Melissa on 08/23/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Although a comfortable car, I have had chronic problems with the sensors since it reached about 13,000 miles. I currently only have 21,000 miles, and yet it has been in the shop three times this summer, and probably 8 times last summer. Every time they think they have found which sensor it is, a few weeks later the check engine light comes on after the car starts hesitating and what seems like misfiring. When you pay $26000 for a new car, you should be able to rely on it when you still have such low mileage.

Look for something else!!!
By Dayna on 08/21/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle almost totally based on looks then the problems started i put a new transmission in it at 22,000 KM then i got it towed to Saskatoon cause the speedometer was bouncing up and down and the check engine light came on got it there and they said nothing was wrong then the found that the brain was not working they replaced that then the sunroof started to leak so they replaced that after they did that it leaked worse now they say there is nothing they can do to fix it then i broke down on my way to Edmonton the fuel control throttle went on it and they had it for about a week to fix that i have had nothing but problems i talked to Hyundai Canada and they won't do anything!!

very satisfied
By john on 07/19/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove or looked at other small SUVs. I purchased the Santa Fe Limited. The 3.3 liter engine is the best choice as appose to the 2.7 liter engine. My mechanic told me that the smaller engine is just a hiped up four cylinder engine. Even though the gas mileage suffers some what. The added power was worth it to me. I love driving this truck. it handles like a car and rides smoothly. After two plus years,the firm ride has loosened up a bit. I've driven it from New York to Soutn Carolina, to Montauk Point and Orient Point from Western Nassua. Also four trips to Maryland. The Santa Fe had good manners at highway speeds. It did not drift like others have reported. I love everything.

Satisfied
By Larry on 05/09/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My first try with a Hyundai. Live in NE and wanted a 4-WD. Expected fair value at best but very suprised. Happy with overall performance. A real tank in the snow. Unstoppable. Even my hwy mileage is at 26 mph. (better than book} Need 6 CD player and GPS next time. Front hood slightly overextended. Needs better map lighting.

So what gives with the gas mileage?
By stacey on 04/05/09 17:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD w/XM (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car used with 17K miles from dealer. Reading was 20.1 mpg, drove it home and mpg began to drop immediately. Went as low as 12.8 but then had problem with 02 sensor. Dealer said that mileage would improve after replacement. It got a little better, now back up to 15.1, city.On trips to Tahoe the best mpg was 18. Overall, I like the car but given the times, one can't make buying decisions on cars w/o taking mpg into account. I would never have bought this car if I'd known what the true mileage would be. I think that all of the disclaimers given by both the dealers and the feds are outrageous. A consumer should be entitled to minimal expectations for such a critical feature.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.