Used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 343 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Love it
By jack rickard

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have car for 31/2 years and have had no problems. Wife loves the SUV. Mileage on trips 23-24 which is what they advertised. Was the first in our Church parking lot and now we must have 5 or 6 more.

comfort on long trips. attractive looking Never in shop for repair. Handling.

Would like a little better gas mileage.

Clutch Failure
By Sheryl Gordon

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

BEWARE!!! Clutch failed at 41,000 miles, 3 years of normal use. No towing of anything. Dealer where purchased out of business, new dealer not at all helpful. Charge was $160 to eyeball, another $500 if I wanted parts removed for inspection. Cannot buy aftermarket parts. Replacement parts $1,000, throw in another $1500 if new flywheel is needed. Cannot be resurfaced, dual mass. This dealer sees no problem with a $2,500 to $4,000 charge for fix. I DO!! If thinking about stick shift of any newer Hyundai vehicle in your "FUTURE" especially if in the East Bay of northern California, best to think again.

Room for 2 car seats and paraphernalia of young children in cargo area. Seats far enough apart so that no cat fighting with "claws bared" (hands) possible.

Hyundai must tell potential buyers of manual transmission vehicles what the replacement charges will be for clutch failure, before even a test drive. Install only heavy duty clutch parts.

Best SUV for the money!
By Annette

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Santa Fe (I previously owned a 2004) and I still love this vehicle after 3 years! Although I did not get the third row seat this vehicle is very roomy for my needs. I like sitting up high and I still enjoy driving this vehicle and will keep it for a few more years. The only issue I have had is I needed to replace my tires already and found out that 18 inch tires for this vehicle are fairly rare and expensive. I also had a sensor that went bad, but is was covered under the warranty. I do not regret getting the special outer/inner coating that has helped keep the outside and inside looking fresh and smelling brand new. I wish it had an MP3 hook up.

Dual climate control, heated seats, blue dash lights, lumbar seat and overall ride and handling.

Door locks that unlock when the car is put in park or the key is turned off and improvement in gas mileage. Averaging 21 - 22 combined city and highway, with 25 at best on a long trip.

Power steering pump
By sante fe

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We had to replace our power steering pump at about 10,000 miles. because of a winding noise coming from it at start up. at 11,000 the noise had returned. Other than that vehicle is very comfortable. and responsive. I really love the new body style.

Electrical system
By Kevin Moran

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had serious issues with numerous sensors that make the vehicle impossible to inspect. According to the dealer there also appears to be a short in the air bag and they can't say for sure if it works. The dealer refuses to fix any of the electrical problems because it has 70,000 miles. As far as I am concerned the car is worthless.