2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: The Sante Fe

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

The Sante Fe
By bostnbruins on

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The 2.7 liter V-6 is underpowered, and not good for towing at all. This suv revs high when you want to accelerate quickly, like out of a toll both for example. The interior is compact and not roomy for taller people at all. And I am 5'7". The seats do not go back far enough for the driver and passenger....that's the Biggest complaint. The seats are very uncomfortable as well. Limited rear storage area. I had a 05 Chevy Silverado before the Sante Fe, I switched thinking our kids would have more room...big mistake. I live in snow country, and this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven in the snow. Who ever says 4x4 and all-wheel drive are the same are sadly mistaken. By American.

Dependability. Reliability. Compact design. Easy to maintain. I like the side window defrosters alot. Handles well in the rain, and horribly in the snow.

More leg room, and better full economy. Its roughly a 17 gallon tank and if pushed to the max will only get you 300 miles on a tank full. The two-tone paint is ugly. The Big Reflectors on the rear bumper =s Ugly. Handles terribly in the snow
By justford14
on 01/25/13 13:40 PM (PST)

I have to say your post seems exact opposite of what my experience has been owning one for a year now. I'm 6ft with no issues with room in front or back. The front seats do sit high and are fairly flat. When you say engine revs high; you are correct its power range is 3500rpm to redline. If you wanted the more powerful/quicker/faster model you should have went with the 3.5L. However your MPG would be down. In regards to snow we have driven in ice and snow of up to a foot deep and this thing is a tank. We have had to drive through medians to get out of winter road closures etc with no issues. The breaking and traction on snow are great. We run BFG all seasons. In addition we avg 20-22 mpg. We have not towed in the vehicle but I would expect light duty with the 2.7L compared to the bigger engine. if you think its ugly why did you buy it?