What A Car
By luremakerfdl on
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
4 weeks ago picked up my new Elantra. Have been byuing cars since 1958. This with out a doubt is the best ever. Now have 2700 miles on it and there is nothing but smiles on my face. Took 4 adults, ea over 200 lbs, on a 330 mile road trip through the Ozark Mts. in north central Ar. averaged 35.3 actual MPG based on miles and gas used. This was abought 2 MPG less than the trip computer indicated. I traded an 07 Aveo. what a dif. Compared to the 6 Pont Bonnevilles i bought over the years this car beats all of them. Hyundai's Baloon purchase with extended amortisation sure keeps the payment lower, nearly $140 less than the best i could get from Chev Dealer for a Cruz.
Favorite Features
Ride, Handling in the Ozark Mtns. Pep, smooth tranny, Trunk Space, Looks, Quiet motor and shift I don't drive over 65 mph so i do not get loud motor, love the tilt / telescoping steering wheel. Color i love the Indigo Blue Color. Friends ask what color is it? Blue Or purple as it changes with the light.
Suggested Improvements
Hyundai could make some of the dash lights such as eco and Cruse controll lights a little brighter for daytime driving. The dark green dies not make it. Make it so the turn signals click off after short turns such as off ramps. I always forget until the wife mentions it. Make the trip computer more accurate. They could make the drink holder in the doors so they could hold soda cans straight upright, instead of slanted on a wierd angle, so the soda does not spill out when the cans are full