Used 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Not being Truthful must be part of Hyundai's Culture
By dmee

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I would have never bought this car if the MPG was this low. My low is 23 mpg and the high was 34 on a 8 hour drive, not using A/C or the fan. I called the dealer shortly after buying it, they told me there was a break in period and just to wait. There must of been email damage control so everyone would lie to customers and say the same thing. When I questioned the MPG when the Hyundai dealer called me a week ago to try to sell me a newer car, he said he wasn't aware of any law suit but questioned me if I liked my Elantra besides the fuel mileage. I said no, and he hung up the phone. Quality!! I don't want the $100 rebate a year, I want a refund plus 15% for the lies they told me.

Outside styling.

Be truthful with supposed EPA fuel mileage. Better glue with interior. Front seat sucks! I am not a small guy but I can't drive it for longer than 45 minutes or have a backache. If you have back problems, ask to drive a friend's before buying it. And it's too costly to purchase a new one. It sucks when you get a flat and may need to wait hours until a tow truck gets to you with the Hyundai road side service.

Weak in some areas
By trafficjam

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I no longer care about the mileage. At first it was great, 40 on the freeway 31 in town but after 22,000 miles it has fallen off. The major problem with this car is its horrible rear suspension. I cut someone off on the freeway, not because I wanted to but because i hit a bump and was thrown into the next lane.Can't wait to get rid of it.

hands free phone operation, air conditioning,exterior and interior design

Better interior materials, a real rear suspension, terribe outward vision

best ever
By chuckyb42

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned Hondas for the past 10 years The main reason was that I was a Honda salesman during that time Also Honda's comfort, cost of ownership and reliability were buying factors. My lease was up on my CRV so I started to look for a replacement. After reading all the positive reviews for the Elantra, I decided to give it a try Years ago I would look at a Hyundai vehicle After driving the Elantra I was blown away by its quality appearance and ride Ive had my GLS for 3 months and LOVE IT Great gas mileage great features outstanding vehicle. Run dont walk to your Hyundai and try one

My First Hyundai
By andy_yen

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car solely for the gas mileage. I did not buy a hybrid because I already have a hybrid. I do not want to have 2 hybrids. After driving 1,000 miles, I only get an average of 24 - 26 mpg. It was calculated by the miles driven and the number of gallons I put in. I drive half city and half highway. I do not understand why some reviewers got up to 46 mpg. Although the display panel shows 28 or 29 mpg, I believe my calculation is more realistic. Besides gas mileage, the car is fully equipped. I have a GLS automatic with preferred package. I paid invoice price. It is a good deal when compared to other dealerships. Most are selling it at or above MSRP.

Fully equipped if you are willing to pay. It is still cheaper than other manufacturers.

gas mileage is not as good as advertised. It should be improved.

must've gotten the one with the bad seats
By rocks3

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

The Elantra caught my eye with its good looks, lots of room inside and spacious trunk for a small car. Comparatively the other cars I tested in the 30-40mpg range were very small inside. Mileage so far has ranged from 30mg to 36mpg, both city and highway. Traffic light stops cut the fuel economy. On the highway the suspension is very stiff, I feel all the bumps in the road, and the wind pushing the car on windy days. Also dissapointed that the Elantra does not come with a spare tire! I've never had a Hyundai before, I'm concerned about what winter driving in snow and ice will be like, mine has Continental tires.

stereo system, roomy interior and trunk

The car needs to improve comfort of driver's seat and suspension in handling road bumps. Feels like sometimes is "bounces" off road imperfections, makes me wonder what winter driving and wet traction will be like. Need a spare tire and jack please. A can of fix-a-flat is a poor substitute.