2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Honda Reliability???
By Laura on 07/30/09 06:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really wanted a GMC Acadia. Loved the look, but was a little scared with all the financial trouble. I also heard the GMC was not a reliable as a Honda. Therefore, trying to get the best buy for my money I bought a Honda Pilot. BIG MISTAKE. I have had major issues with the alignment. Feels like I go in ever other week. They (Honda Cars of Katy) keep telling me the Pilot was built to pull to the right. After spending 30K+ I thought I was getting a reliable car. Now after only 4 months of ownership, the paint is peeling in multiple places. The leather is already coming apart at the seams. I thought Honda was supposed to have quality vehicles, but I am sadly disappointed.

2nd EX-L Pilot
By john on 07/20/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second EX-l Pilot. I had a 2005 with 120K miles on it that my daughter is still driving. Except for tires and timing belt, I had no other issues with the 2005 and expect the same from the 2009. The 2009 seems quite a bit bigger both inside and outside. The third row is much better on the 09 and easier to use, although seldom use. Ride is fine,and so is road noise, it is a truck so will not be as quiet as a car. Fuel economy is 18-20 no matter what. I can't say I am thrilled with the variable ignition because at certain RPM's it seems to jerk like it can't make up its mind. I would not hesitate getting another Pilot.

Awesome
By RTDjr2 on 07/16/09 14:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Used to be a Chevy guy but now only Hondas. Had a leased Ridgeline that I loved but needed to haul more climate controlled so got the new Pilot. I am a big guy 6'4" and 290 and I fit great in this SUV. Moves well down the road, love the Nav and the radio (XM). More room in back for the kids than the Ridgeline. Turns on a dime, average for 6 months of 18 mpg with a good mix of city/highway miles. Have 9,000 miles on it already. Love the bluetooth also. A/C is good and cold. Fit and finish are typical Honda.

Good, Bad, Ugly
By hondafan on 07/09/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good - Honda Ride, Functionality, lot of space. Went on a 1000 mi trip on Jul 4th weekend. Loved the ride. Drives like Honda civic. Price - Lot of good deals around. Bad - Interior & Exterior Gaps. Wind noise on highway is a bit high (typical Honda product) Ugly- Cheap interior plastic material, & rear carpet. The plastic around the key area getting lot of scratches already.

Relatively new but great so far.
By SJF on 07/04/09 16:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great functionality - particularly for hauling kids w/ the third row seating. If a mini-van is not an option for aesthetics or other personal reasons, the pilot is a good blend that gives you the functionality of a mini-van with the appearance of an SUV and a very robust SUV at that.

Best Value SUV
By Rwags on 07/03/09 06:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great family ride. Have 2 kids who play a lot of sports, and taking them and their friend to games has been a breeze. Have had 8 people in the Pilot including 6 10 year old boys and everyone fits with plenty of room. Even when I have fewer kids, the kids will elect to sit in the third row. Just goes to show you how much space it has.

Touring, Better than MDX, X5 or GX470
By 09Touring4x4 on 07/01/09 16:28 PM (PDT)

My first Honda, we were set on the MDX or the Lexus gx470 but they just did not have enough room. MDX does not have the feel of luxury U think it might. We bought the Demo model with 6500 miles but it has everything you can imagine and then some! Most all the accessories (dark wood trim all over, premium lighted side steps, all weather mats, chrome grill, front and back aluminum underside etc) were added. Have not taken for a long trip yet but it is fun to drive and has a lot of room. My 2 1/2 year old loves the wireless headphones so she can watch her Thomas videos while we listen to the radio or music CD.

Honda Pilot 2009
By Werner Doerwaldt on 06/29/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has an excellent comfort level. Has a huge safety feel to it. Third seat, though, is a wash.

1st Honda- very disappointed
By C on 06/25/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I thought Honda was supposed to be one of the best... well what happened? Do they not check out everything before they sell them? 1st time I turned on the A/C I got a horrible smell - then fog (not condensation) of course the service dept didn't believe me when I called, but oh wow, now they do because it is sitting in their shop. They have no idea what's wrong.

Must have been built at 4pm on a Friday
By No2Honda on 06/24/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Can't believe this is a Honda! I have the same issue other owners have complained about: pulls to the right. This alignment issue may also contribute to the various steering wheel vibration issue at high speeds. Also many squeaks and rattles throughout the car. I even have interior panels coming loose already! I am so disappointed in my 3rd Honda. Not what I was expecting, at all. Should have bought a Toyota/Lexus... Honda, you just lost a future customer!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*