2006 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love it
By Julie on 01/29/07 17:56 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we love this car- great layout inside, plenty of room even with the 3rd row up. Even I have sat in the 3rd row without too much discomfort (I'm 5 ft 4 in), but would not want to do it on a regular basis. Best for kids. But all the rows have a recline feature for the seats, the middle can be moved up and back as well. Not anything negative from our point of view.

11,000 miles later...
By Tim S. on 01/17/07 21:57 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 9/06, and have put 11,000 miles since. I was in the market for an all-weather vehicle that could carry 4 adults plus gear on an all-day road trip in comfort, and the Pilot has performed that role beautifully. Others have complained about road noise, but I have found it quite reasonable on many long days. If this is a concern for you, do a freeway test drive and decide for yourself. The NAV system works pretty well -not perfect, but good (disclaimer - I have NOT read the entire, lengthy manual for it) but sometimes the routing is quirky. I have averaged just under 20 MPG combined.

Very Happy
By James & Krista on 01/13/07 18:55 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very happy with purchased the Pilot. Went into the dealer thinking we'd prefer a CRV, but after driving the Pilot, are extremely satisfied with our decision to upgrade. Did LOTS of research.

Great SUV but LOUSY mileage
By Faye on 01/06/07 15:59 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Pilot but the mileage is the PITS (thank God, I don't drive far to work). Also, when driving you hear a lot of road noise-this was disappointing as I thought it would have been more sound proof. The doors slam solid shut, but if the window is down and you close the door, it almost rattles. One other thing I don't like is when you wind the window down in the am, the dew drips into the car and onto the handle where the window controls are. Makes me concerned that there will eventually be water damage there. I bought a window guard. Other than these gripes, I love driving this vehicle. It feels very solid on the road.

Great Vehicle
By Gamecock on 01/06/07 11:06 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only thing that would be nice is better fuel economy. But I understand as this is a big SUV. Love everything about it.

Great vehicle with 3 rows of seats
By D Stephenson on 01/06/07 08:32 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In July 2006 3 adults and 2 children (ages 10 &12)went from central Texas to Colorado mountains. Very comfortable trip using small section of 3rd row for 1 child, other side down for luggage, etc. Strapped a large soft luggage bag on top for suitcases but created no problem. Have taken a couple of trips over 120 miles one way with 6 adults over 60 yrs old and the 3rd row seat was fine for smaller sized adults although a little awkward for older adults getting in and out. Great vehicle.

Loving It
By marisa on 12/31/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pilot for 4months And love it. There is so much storage in the front. You get a huge arm console. Inside contains a cell phone charger and a 12v outlet. Under the radio dash there is a sliding door to put more nick-nacks like pens, hair clips and anything else. We have 2 car seats on the sides and I am 5'5 150lb and sit comfy bw them. For your info, We have the Graco Safe seat behind the passenger b/c At 5'5 I can not put the drivers seat in a comfortable position, and the seat can not be reclined. We have the dvd system with the car and it works like your dvd player at home. I did not read the directions or watch the dvd movie it comes with. Very easy. It drives like a car.

love my pilot
By ny on 12/27/06 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After much research into mid-sized suv, decided upon pilot over toyota highlander. We absolutely love the ride and quality of the vehicle. The mileage was not as good as we hoped but much better than the 12 mpg we were getting from our Expedition. We get 16 around town and 18-19 on the hwy. The kids love the rear entertainment center. We bought our accessories online and saved a bundle. If you get running boards go with the tubular steal ones vs. the plastic. The plastic ones are not well supported in the rear where the rear passengers get out. We have not tried it on the beach yet and honestly we are worried about getting stuck. Any advise? Great SUV!

Great Car
By sportacus on 12/27/06 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am no car enthusiast by any stretch. I am one of those people who drive a car forever just to get one place to the next. This car is great! It feels very steady. The ride is quite and nimble. The roominess is excellent.

Like it, but...
By Ann on 12/17/06 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a big Honda fan. This is number 3 for our family. However, I have to say that the quality does seem to have gone. I have numerous rattles and noises, and this very annoying window chuffing sound when I drive in windy conditions. I like many of the features, particularly the safety features, and it sure beats my '05 Dodge Grand Caravan. However, I am a bit disappointed in the little things such as the rattles...I doubt the dealer will do much about it...no money to be made in doing so.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.