2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love my Pilot!
By sosquilter on 10/11/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought the 2006 Pilot after owning a minivan for 5 years and I love my Pilot. The ride is very nice and the interior extremely comfortable. I have lower back problems and have never had any additional pain from driving the Pilot, even on long trips. The 3rd Row seats are wonderful for my children and quite roomy. I've read other reviews that state they don't receive very good gas mileage, but I keep track and I average about 17 mpg with mostly city driving so I am very happy with the performance. I will certainly look at the updated model when it is released to replace my '06 model. I truly love my Pilot!

Best Safest Suv Made Hands Down
By Pilot king on 09/29/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have Had my Pilot for almost three years now and I still love getting into it every day. I had a Toyota Rav-4 before. The Pilot is the most comfortable, safest, reliable vehicle I have ever driven. I drive 350 miles round trip to my beach house and after 7 knee operations this is the only vehicle that can get me there pain free. If you read a bad review about the Honda Pilot it was probably a rare lemon which can happen with any vehicle.

In Love
By Jacksonville on 09/17/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our piece of junk 2002 Ford Explorer for this car and we are in love. It is roomy and sturdy. Great for a Mom with two little active boys. It drives great and you feel as if you are driving a car even though you are up high. Cupholders everywhere!Third row seat roomier than the Explorer. We've had this car for 1 1/2 years and we are still in love! Bought it new.

Pilot vs. Highlander
By Tony on 08/11/07 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Moved from a Highlander to the Pilot for more seating comfort. Pilot is great in the year I have owned it. Reliable and spacious although there is more road noise than the Highlander. Still in summary I am glad made change.

Great for the Money
By tmqn on 08/05/07 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my wife's SUV; replaced an Oddy (bad trans, bad cat converter at 112K). Have nearly 40K miles in 1.5 years; back/forth to a lake house we have. Also do a lot of antiquing/hauling. Looked at everything before buying, and very happy with purchase. I see the suggested improvements on the review boards, but we have had no real issues and it's the best deal for the money, hands-down. Little noisy on the highway, really does better with high test gas, but overall we really like the overall quality and reliability (with my wife on the road alone a lot). BTW: we get about 22/18 mpg.

Our Pilot
By Joe on 07/12/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pilot in December 2005. It has been a great car, however, the air conditioning went out when we had 2,000 miles on the car. There is also a terrible rattle in the passenger side door. But if I could buy another car again, it would be the Pilot.

Noisy ErgoNot
By talldriver2 on 07/02/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Honda Pilot because of Honda's reputation and my need for an SUV. I traded in a fully-loaded, Ford Explorer Ltd Edition, that was a fun and reliable piece of luxury machinery. I came to realize that the Pilot is incredibly noisy on the highway. Every little creak and creep of the tires, body and plastic is amplified tenfold. Additionally, the egonomics are ErgoNOTmics. The steering wheel blocks the gauges. The steering controls are constantly being activated by my fingers, accidentally, while turning (very annoying and dangerous). The radio controls are backwards and difficult to reach with the seat completely back. The trip odometers are impossible to reset while driving, etc.

Made the right choice
By Jim on 06/23/07 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 11 months and 18,000 miles we love the Pilot more than when we bought it. We have three boys and we wanted something wide for long trips but not as long or high as a Sequoia. The Pilot was a perfect fit. It's well designed. The third row is very useful for the 8-11 year olds we always have tagging along. My wife loves driving it.It has great pick up for us (we're used to under powered SUVs). Gas mileage is a little disappointing but it is a heavy vehicle. We get about 18 mpg in town and 20 mpg at 73-75 mph.

Buy German
By Raj Nathan on 06/08/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good on the highways, that's the only good part. Bought the one with a Navigation that has all outdated maps, windshield wipers that do not clean, bug paste literally sticks to low-quality windshield, lousy stereo (multiple problems with the subwoofer) and above all a not a great drive. Engine may be nice, but not fuel efficient if you want to feel a little of the rush. Body is literally made of tin !! Listen to me, buy something German, everything else is a cheap imitation !!! I plan to promptly return this after my lease, but wanted to save a few souls from getting into a similar trap !!!

Just an average Honda Pilot
By SMC on 05/26/07 09:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pilot for 18 months now. It has creaking noise from the door seals and driver's side B-pillar. Every time when I have an oil change at the dealer, the service guy lubes all the seals for me. The noise from the seals usually go away after being lubed. But it will come back once the lube dries out. The noise from the B-pillar was never fixed, even after three, four attempts. My Pilot also have broken / leaking struts that have to be replaced. I am kind of shocked with the quality. Gas consumption is so so...averaged 18- 20 mpg with mixed city and highway driving, pretty close to the advsertised number of 18-24 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.