2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Bought Pilot over Highlander
By Castaway on 09/06/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had leased a Highlander and opted to not purchase at lease end in favor of the Pilot. We could not be happier. Definitely a better ride due to the weight of vehicle. Can't complain about the gas mileage, very good for this mid size SUV. Vehicle now has around 50,000 (21,000 from us). Used the 4wd this winter and it performs extremely well. Engine is very quiet. Make sure the VTM fluid is changed regularly. Overall a very nice vehicle.

No Surprises... It's a Honda!
By Pilot_4A_Pilot on 08/29/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned Hondas in the past, it came as no surprise that our Honda Pilot would be a great, solid and reliable mode of transportation. We wanted a dependable vehicle that would be large enough to hold 5, plus our large German Shepherd dog, yet still be fuel efficient and able to get us through the snowy Wisconsin winters. No Surprises. And no regrets!

Better Than the Envoy
By jdah3 on 07/26/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 2004 Envoy for my Pilot. So far, pretty good. Nothing has gone wrong that affects performance, anyway. Been to the dealer for clips in front seats (seat backs were squeaking). Brakes grinding and sound horrible, but told "They're fine, they're just not Honda". Passenger R side of seat doesn't heat. I still feel good getting behind the wheel. Feels very solid, sure, and safe. No issues with leather as others have had. No engine or transmission problems. Radio/nav work beautifully.

From CR-V to Pilot
By Dan on 05/25/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently brought a Pilot and I love everything about this vehicle because of more space and comfort. I went from CRV to Pilot which was a huge upgrade. The CRV was a great small SUV but wanted something bigger for hauling things for my small business and to tow a camper trailer. It also gets great gas mileage for the sizes of the vehicle and been getting 21 and 22 mpg in town and a little highway mixed. Can't wait to drive it longer on the highway and see if it gets 26 mpg. It looks similar to the CRV but it's nicer inside and outside and it drives quiet and rides softer than the CRV.

Drop it, you lose it
By Joey N on 05/05/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my 2006 Pilot. It goes when I go. Only major drawback I have is there is no room to collect your crumbs and coins when they drop to your side. My vacuum wand just isn't thin enough.

Everything I expected and a little more
By Lakerhater on 04/22/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Already had 58000 miles when we brought it. Love the power. Good getup and go. Have four kids and they like the dvd system. Not factory. A nice looking SUV. Is a little loud on concrete roads. But not bad. Like the safety, three row side air bags. 5 star ratings. Safety is a big selling point for me and my family!

So Far So Good
By Pat M on 04/17/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Leased in June 2006. So far so good. Very reliable. Only oil change maintenance. No major problems or repair work. Except for a bad back speaker that the service dept said there was nothing wrong with...it still isn't fixed. Currently deciding if I should purchase after lease ends July 2009.

Design Flaws
By Swammee on 04/09/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We know 6 people with 06 or late Pilots- all have been into dealer because mice crawled into to HVAC. Why? It's not covered enough in undercarriage. Design flaw. $250 each visit. Side trim on front leather seat on ours (and 3 others wecknow of) has worn through. Why? Cheap material. Design flaw. We get snow. Don't buy a Pilot with 4WD and expect anything but nasty control issues on slippery roads and steep roads: ABS locks up, auto 4WD has no bite (even with new mud/snow tires). Design flaws. If you need room, good traction and no mice or trim issues, buy something else.

Great Mid Size SUV
By HVA on 04/03/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Approaching 50K, so far not disappointed at all. Runs solid, fun to drive, does not feel very big vehicle but roomy inside. Getting better gas mileage on highway with speed between 60-70 mph. Using full synthetic Mobil 1 oil may be helpful. Will write review every 25K.

Beware Front Seat Back Cover
By starfortune on 03/24/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Pilot new in '06 and started to have problems with the rear speaker--got it replaced but took 2 visits. The the tire sensor kept giving a code so the truck had to be taken in several times before they figured out the problem. The vehicle gives very good gas mileage on the average of 22 miles of combined city/highway driving. The ride is smooth and road noise doesn't seem to be a problem. Our main problem has been the front seat back cover which has fallen off 5-6 times in the past 1 1/2 years which entails multiple trips to the dealer for replacement. They don't understand the problem and neither do I. Honda America was of no help so this Honda may be the last one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.