Used 2003 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Poor Mileage
By gam14

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The good: Handles well; Fun, smooth drive; Good performance and seating options. The bad: Terrible mileage! My Pilot averages 14 mpg city/17 mpg hwy. Dealer explains my cruddy mileage as being the result of "vehicle to vehicle variance". Consumer beware! Another problem is that the driver is unable to control unwanted backseat air conditioning. Finally, leather used in seating stretches and makes new seats look old and worn.

suv that drives like a car
By lulu367

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

best suv on the maket for safety and fuel economy and fun to drive, feels like a car not a suv. Its not if 4wd all the time so you save on gas.

Favorite Features

i'm a woman and there is a place to put your purse. The cell phone cradle is nice. I love the entire vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

just to maybe add a sunroof and heated leather seat option!

Honda does it again
By DO Ridgefield

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Forget all your preconceived notions of Honda and test drive the Pilot before you buy any other midsize SUV. The ride, interior finish and cabin space are tops. Do your homework and you'll find that no other car company offers anything close to what Honda's offering at this price. Add Honda's reputation for reliability and it's a no brainer. We have two kids so we added the DVD system and it's worth every penny. Honda had families in mind when they developed this SUV and they nailed it.

Favorite Features

DVD system, Quiet ride, leather seats, smoothest transmission I've ever driven

Suggested Improvements

Better tires and a toggle on the gas cap

2003 Honda Pilot, the best vehicle
By thezmann76

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with the new pilot and would recommend it to anyone. It suroasses all of it's competition with flying colors. I currently have 24000 miles on it and have had no problems whatsoever. Thank you Honda!

Favorite Features

240 hp v6 and car like ride

Suggested Improvements

heated seats and a moon roof then you'll have the perfect vehicle

Isn't She Lovely
By GO EEZY

I was trying to buy something else and When I finally had enough of being treated like an idiot,I went to the dealership next door. The Pilot was Consumer Reports #1 pick for mid-size SUV. Jeremy showed me how everything was reconfigured inside to make room for some new things,like a real holder for your cell phone & charger,a business card holder & a place for an actual pen! Cup holders & hidden storage galore! The car drove like I was literally riding on a cloud,(maybe that's why they called it the Pilot?) and that's coming from the pot-hole capital of the world!(New Jersey)We love our Pilot,and the wonderful people at DCH Kay Honda in Eatontown!

Favorite Features

#1 the ease of driving it~smooth turns and steady handling #2visibility~I am 5'2" and have no problem whatsoever seeing all the way around the car, even while backing up #3ability to fit 7 passengers, (plus myself)

Suggested Improvements

I do miss my heated seats, and I think I would like the door handles in white (the same color as the car) instead of black.