2011 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Hope you too don't get strande

2011 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Hope you too don't get stranded. . .
By cobragolfer74 on

2011 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was sooo happy to get into this crossover! This vehicle is my 2nd best car I've ever had. (G6 was #1). However. . . Be aware that rear differentials might not be sealed like they should be. I had about 7000 miles on it when it felt like a flat tire. My son and I were stranded on the side of an interstate for 2hrs. 2 days later I found out that my new CR-V had thrown a differential gear due to lack of differential fluid! Now why would anyone need to by a Honda insurance plan for a NEW car? Little did I know that I would need it at 7000 miles. If you buy a new one, make sure there is a full differential inspection. You will definitely thank yourself if you do.

Quite drive. Excellent sound system(needs some more bass though). Cool styling. Excellent traction in the snow too.

Needs some more horsepower. Needs better gas mileage. (My 6cyl Odyssey gets 26-29mpg on highway)