Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

So far so good
By Jackie

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 mustang gt for a 09 cr-v. So this review is from one end of the spectrum to the other. Totally not what i was looking for but after a problem ridden mustang i was looking for reliability and affordability at the pump. I don't get as much mpg as what i would have hoped, about 18.5 but I've been trying to watch my lead food. Total cost of ownership has been great. I had read road noise was a problem for some people, but the dronr i had with the stang must have made my ears numb to it cause it doesn't bother me at all. Performance is a bummer but again, going from 300 hp to160ish would be. But Overall i am not at all disappointed in making the switch!

Favorite Features

clean exterior styling, interior space, Tons of cup holders, heated mirrors, AWD and a purse slot on the floor ;)

Suggested Improvements

more HP; auto shut off of interior and exterior lights when car is off; and a better cabin filter, i can smell everything outside inside.

Front End
By Ken

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are having trouble with our front end the car wants to wander. We aligned it and it still has a wander and will vibrate When the wheel is turned there is resistance in the wheel like something obstructing the turning radius

Noisy!
By daveintown

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the LX new in September 2009. I am still not used to the SUV differences from my previous Toyota Camry. I find it noisy, my #1 complaint, even though I had it undercoated, there is still a lot of road noise and there is a lot of wind noise in the windshield area. The gas mileage is also not as good as advertised. I would spend a lot more time test driving other makes next time.

Favorite Features

Style and comfort, great in the snow with AWD and Vehicle Stability.

Suggested Improvements

I find that the hp is fine, even though that is a big complaint with most. The NOISE is my biggest concern; after our winter in Az., I will return it to the dealer who, at purchase time, installed a bug deflector, to see if this is the cause of the wind noise.

alright suv
By Retired Air Force

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the CRV to replace a Town and Country. My wife wanted something smaller to use for work. It is very noisy on the Houston roads, the car has 23,000 miles and the tires are already showing alot of wear. If you put the back windows down at highway speeds, there is a deafening noise that sounds like a jet is taking off in your back seat. The mileage is also not as good as we expected. Sitting in both front seats on long trips isn't all that enjoyable

Favorite Features

exterior look/good radio and cd player

Suggested Improvements

put on quality tires

Most reliable cars on the road
By Indianapolis

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife, it has done everything I knew it would as I have owned Honda products in the past. 2-WD is more than adequate in the snow; absolutely no problems on ice/snow. Nothing breaks, everything works. Will last 20 years. Honda is quality.

Favorite Features

The knowledge that is will always start and nothing ever breaks. Drives like a car, very easy to handle!

Suggested Improvements

It indeed could use more power; but for family use it is fine.