Used 2000 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Keeps going and going.....
By catherinet00

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I bought this Honda crv after having too many bad experiences with a 1999 VW Jetta. Whew. What a big relief getting rid of the former and getting this crv instead. CR-V currently has about 143,000 miles on it and I have had no major mechanical problems with it. It has never left me on the road alone. It is like the little engine that could. The looks are NOT deceiving for what is under the hood. It is a SMALL SUV, therefore a small engine. This vehicle is perfect for me as a single female with no baggage. I am a city person and 99% of the time I use it to commute to work and other places in the city. It's perfect for me.

Completely Rad Vehicle
By Walsta

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I purchased my Honda used with 130,000 miles on it. I haven't had any major problems. My only complaint is the power windows are dying and the parts are very expensive. My Accord had the same issue. The car handles very well even in tight spaces. My turn radius is better than that of my sister's compact car. I use cruise control whenever I can to improve my gas mileage. Visibility is very good in this model. My car seats four adults very comfortably. I wouldn't suggest a fifth person on a long trip because there isn't a head rest for the middle passenger. This car is excellent for road trips and has plenty of storage space and a table! It handles well on and off paved roads (I have 2WD).

1. a lot of storage space with fold down seats 2. card table 3. easy to clean 4. sound system (original Honda speakers) 5. smooth ride 6. boxy body style (allows more height for storage and looks cute) 7. multiple storage compartments besides glove box 8. six cupholders

Honda should be able to make a window motor that lasts longer! The window controls are placed stupidly (on the dash instead of the door). You have to dismantle the dashboard after taking out the glove box to get at the cabin air filter. The cupholders should definitely be deeper.

Love my Cr-v
By Terri

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I loved my cr-v very much. Good on gas, reliability is a plus. I was surprised with the picnic table, thought that was thought of Honda including it. Only thing I didn't like about the cr-v is highway uphills driving. There is a loud noise when you drive 70 mph or more. I hate that it can't handle curves and mountains. Other than that, I love my cr-v. I will be buying a 2006 next time. Hopefully honda has improve the cr-v.

The table and that it saves on gas in the city.

Improve on the gas mileage on the highway and please get rid of the noise when driving uphill. Needs more horse power.

My Crv
By Gabe v

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

We bought a CR-V the frist of January in 2000. We have had it ever since the car is just amazing. It's fuel efficient, looks great, has lots of low end torque, the smoothers ride and just the reassurance of Honda quality. We just bought the lx model nothing special, front wheel drive not the real time. But I have gone over hills and rocks and steep slopes and everything in this car and not once has it ever failed.

the safety of front wheel drive and oh my god the 3rd gear in this can takes you up to 100! love it

I put 06 Civic rims and switched over from 205's to 215's. The new tires and rims make it higher and set the tires out wider. And man o man it looks good. Also a k&n n air filter helped with some of the horsepower. A wise investment.

First Review
By JstBghtIt

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I just bought this from a dealer for gas savings and family purpose. I have not a chance to do anything to it yet but only to drive it. So far, it's been an excellent ride. I'll be replacing all the fluids out of it and if needed give it a tune up. I'll be back for second review maybe after six months or so.

Ride, handling, fuel economy and ground clearance versus a car.

Torque and better roof rack.