2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Should have bought a Mazda3 5

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Should have bought a Mazda3 5 door.
By Douglas Parent on

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

One year into ownership, purchased it new. I've owned 3 previous Hondas and 1 Acura so I thought it would be a no brainer. The ride is pretty rough, the steering and handling is excellent. The seats really are not bad at all, a 2 hour trip to LA and back is not difficult for a compact. My mileage is around 325 per tank. I drive it kinda hard, my last car was a VR6 GTI and I MISS THAT CAR for the overall driving experience. I have 16K on this one. Drivers side visor just broke and I hardly use it. Automatic transmission was not a good choice for this size engine, not smooth and robs power. I'm a stick guy anyway, oh well. Time to sell this and get another hatchback, there are lots of choices.

I can fit a lot in the trunk. Acceleration off the line is not bad, cornering, cute factor, stock radio in the EX is decent. Steering wheel, dash and center console, cup holders are nice, functional.

Put a 2.0 in this thing, fix the interior cheap plastic visors, better tires and maybe do something about the blind spots, there is poor visibility. After driving a VW for 7 years this car feels like a tin can, seriously. And while VW had some serious reliability issues I might still get another one