2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Disgusted first-time Honda buy

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Disgusted first-time Honda buyer
By Disappointed on

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My first Honda and I was thrilled with it - for the first year and a half. Since then all hell has broken loose. Bought 1/07; 2 recalls the first year; put on 4 new 60K tires 8/08; rear stabilizer bar arms replaced 5/09 (dealer got it covered, but I had to pay for labor). Since then back tires are noisy (due to uneven tread wear from stabilizer bar arms) and back- seat passengers can't hear anything but tires; can't rotate. Leaking power steering fluid 8/10 - had to replace rack system ($800) and told all 4 of my tires were shot and wouldn't even pass inspection! Called Honda corporate and they did NOTHING for me. First-time buyer and I will NEVER buy another Honda product!

Favorite Features

Styling (had rear spoiler installed when I bought it), color and handling. I loved this car for much of its life and will miss it. Very fun to drive. Very sassy-looking car!

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind your products and build a more reliable car, which is what Honda was supposed to be noted for. Get design right before selling it. If I wanted American-made car problems, I would have bought American. Thought I was getting quality; guess not. Feel like I'm driving ticking time bomb.