Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very good, but not for everyone
By David87

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car but it's not for everyone. This car is better suited for someone who works at an office, college student (with some cash or daddy) who will mostly use it on freeways. I average on long trips on the highway around 36mpg to 40mpg going at 65 to 70mph. I drive kind of aggressive so I get around 25mpg mixed driving. I work at a shipyard so I'm always dirty and carry stuff with me so having a 2door is impractical. Also I'm 6'1 and this car is kind of low and with the moonroof there is not much head room for tall drivers. Also legroom is a bit short. Other than that it drives very good, looks great and many aftermarket options. I have projector lamp and L.E.D tail lights. Test drive it.

Favorite Features

Digital sppedometer and dash. Interior looks of very good quality. 4-wheel disk brakes (better stopping). 2door, looks sporty and young. Seats are more supportive and better looking than the sedan. Steering wheel (better looking than the sedan) side door shape (again better looking than the sedan).

Suggested Improvements

The parking brake gets on the way for tall drivers. Gated Shifter stick ( not in a straight line) VSA, better navi. NAVI IS TOO EXPENSIVE! For $1000 you can get one that plays DVDs, instead of paying close to $2000 (factory) for something that is limited in features. More colors and more options.

115,000 and runnin it like I rent it
By Shane

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great commuter car. However the only downfall is the light back end makes it slide in wet or slippy conditions. Runs as good now as the day I bought it. It does like to eat back tires so rotate them and service your car (i.e. oil and rotating tires) no big expenses yet. IT'S KINDA A TIGHT FIT FOR A 6FT 200LB guy but it makes up for it at the pump...

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

ride noise and THE PARKING BRAKE CUTS INTO MY KNEE!!!!

Good but not for everyone
By David

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like it. The car is fun and during the night it looks like more expensive car. I do regret getting it with the Navigation system, DON'T GET A CIVIC OR ANY OTHER HONDA WITH THE NAVI! It was waste of money. You pay almost $2,000dlls for something that can't play DVD'S and no bluetooth. It works perfect, no complaints there but with less money you could buy something with more features. Since its a coupe and it has a moonroof (headroom decreases) its only suited for young folks with no family and who don't carry a lot of stuff. If you do get this car, buy it some projector headlamps and L.E.D tail lamps, waoo! It looks great! I'm getting around 25mpg, but I drive hard. Best mpg its on the highway.

Favorite Features

Most of the interior, doesn't look cheap. Love the digital speedometer, especially during the night. Looks very sporty especially with black rims and projector lamps. V-Tec very good mpg if you cruise a lot on the freeway. 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES.

Suggested Improvements

Better and cheaper Navigation system. My car car color was a dark gray but you can't get it with black interior is a must. Standard fogligths, mpg gauge, gated floor shifter or/and paddle shifters.

Throughly Disappointed
By miller31

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a Disappointment. I just bought the car and it already has more interior noise then any other car Ive ever had. The roof liner is loose the glove box is making noise. Recently drove to Vegas and the power on the car is embarrassing. Took a while to get up to speed to pass slower cars. This thing needs a lot more torque. Not to go fast just to get up to speed fast. Also the front end is so light anytime you take off the tires burn out. Way to much road noise as well. sometimes you cant even talk because the road noise is so over bearing. I do love the MPG. Over all I am disappointed in my purchase and will get rid of it at first opportunity.

Favorite Features

Modern sleek Design inside and out. MPG

Suggested Improvements

Needs a lot more torque. Needs more weight in the front. The Interior needs to be put together with better quality. and Way to much road noise.

Love this car!
By pjgallardo

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used by trading in a V-8 truck. The drive is awesome and smooth. Getting used to the limited vision, overall I'm very happy with everything so far. The power with acceleration was a pleasant surprise.

Favorite Features

Modern interior. MPG! V-Tech engine!

Suggested Improvements

None! I can't complain after having a 9-year old truck w/129,000 miles.