2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2014 Accord EX Sedan.....Love it!
By Michael Trager

2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My new Accord EX is excellent with its CVT and new engine. Plenty of power, smooth, and great gas mileage!

CVT, Engine, Push Button Start, quality and looks of engine - nice clean layout. Honda doesn't have to hide their engines under plastic covers! Mileage remaining is great along along with all the info the computer retains..... Great car - especially on the highway. Plenty of power even in economy mode. No need for a turbo or V6.

More use of LED lights throughout the car.

not impressed
By Susan Schayes

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

A lot of people love this car. I bought one based on the test drive and was sorely disappointed. There was a lot of vibration in the engine which extended to the steering wheel. The navigation system was very difficult to use. The front seat was uncomfortable for my 5'3 frame. The worst thing was the noise level. This car was noisy at 45 and horrible on the highway. I got rid of it after four months.

Gas mileage.

noise reduction. better shaped seats (for smaller people), no more engine vibration. improved navigation (get rid of the tacky lighting too.)

This Accord is better than me
By glastonbury

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I rent all makes and models of cars for work (I travel quite a bit). I don't work for, or have any affiliation, with any car brand. I can say the Accord (I have a 2014 EXL) was my favorite in the mid-size lot on build quality, engine design, ride, and comfort. It's as if Honda knows this is a big seller car, and so puts in even a little extra engineering thought into their top seller. Paradoxically, yes, the Honda is a toaster in one respect (there are so many out there); however, it's this very reason the car is so well designed.

Engine is excellent (4Cyl) - very smooth, we'll hope Honda knows how to counteract the sometimes carbon build-up problem with direct injection engines. Technically, the use of more and more Ultra high Strength Steel in the car. Honda does stuff you can't even see (the actual metal composition); however, in an accident you will be glad you have this uber fancy steel protecting you.

The instrument cluster is OK - I still think it feels a little cluttered even after driving the car for over a year (I constantly can't remember where the fan button is). Yeah, I know you can use the voice system to change climate controls. The seat bottoms could be a little longer.

Great Car
By srijal

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Got a great deal on the car. I've owned honda civic, toyota camry and acura rsx in the past and this is one of the best cars I've owned so far. I'm very light driver (take train to work) so I've just put over 8,000 miles in last 10 months and it's has been great. Electronic Stability Control worked great while driving during snow storm. So far so good.

exterior design keyless entry / push button start heated leather seat / memory seat lane watch camera backup camera

I wish they improve on the forward collision warning. It sometimes just goes off without any obstruction ahead of the car. They probably need to introduce better detection system than just a camera for forward collision warning.

Maybe I bought a Honda, expecting an Acura?
By josh2014

2014 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Accord Coupe in the beginning of November and got a great deal on it. I went looking to buy a black 4-Door with black interior. Left with a white 2-Door and Tan Interior. Seen it and absolutely loved it. And I still do. It has almost 5,000 miles on it now. I regret buying a 2-door but, that's my fault. I had problems with the brakes sticking when I first got it, and I'm going in Friday to have the "shimmy" checked out, that I've had in it sense day 1. This is a great car with great mpg, but I feel the build quality isn't that great compared to my old 2005 Maxima that I had. Already have several rattles, and the electric steering now makes a quiet tick when turning left.

love the way it looks. Love the interior design and 8 inch screen. Has so many features for a base model and price. Love the gauges. Paddle shifters. Duel zone automatic climate control. Large trunk for a 2-door. I have no problem fitting my luggage and a friends, for a weekend trip. Gas mileage is great, and gets better every tank.

Build quality. Fix the rattles, and vibrations. Wish my LX-S had garage homelink. Ride is very stiff, but maybe only the coupes are like that? CVT is shaky and jittery under light acceleration, and stopping slowly. I will most likely trade this car in this time next year for an Accord EX-L V6 sedan.