2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Exceeds Expectations
By car57 on 07/22/14 21:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just put 600 miles on our new Accord Touring on a road trip through the mountains. We drove up to an altitude of 12,000 ft. The roads were full of hills and curves that would have been perfect for a driving a Porsche or BMW, but we found ourselves more and more impressed with how solid the Accord handled and felt. It had tons of passing power, yet still averaged 35 MPG overall. Consider us impressed. I have had nearly a dozen high-end European cars over the past 25 years and the Accord comes surprisingly close to their level of build quality and features. I'm not sure it's worth spending the extra 20 grand to get the satisfaction of knowing other people envy what you drive.

2014 Accord V6 Touring
By accordian2 on 07/20/14 21:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In May of 2014 this was my firs Honda. I was fascinated with all the new features. On new cars You expect to be disappointed by the EPA mileage however this car has exceeded the expectations. Of the 4 vehicles in our home it is the newest and therefore most expensive one of the 4. Our insurance company priced it the best. I believe due to things like the forward collision warning. Blind spot camera, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control...To me price wise the features and cost are better then a Lexus I compared it to. It quietly performs well.

Second 2014 Honda Accord
By 4thhonda on 06/21/14 04:19 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Last September I purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan and last week I traded it in for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX in Still Midnight Pearl. I loved the sedan but I wanted something a little sportier. The coupe does handle better than the sedan and there are a few features that I really like. The color of the car is magnificent in Midnight Still Pearl. Yes, I lost some money during my trade in, but it was well worth it to get the coupe. Obviously, I think very highly of the Accord to get another one. This coupe is my 5th Honda. I have owned a 1990 Civic, a 1997 Civic, a 2002 Accord, a 2014 Accord Sedan, and now a 2014 Accord Coupe.

My 8th Honda (my 5th Accord)
By accdguy13 on 06/20/14 18:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 5th Accord (an EX-L coupe with Navigation ) this past month. The 9th generation Accord is different from the 8th generation (2008-2012) model in every possible way mechanically. The current Accord features electric steering versus the prior models power hydraulic system, the double wishbone suspension gone in favor of a new strut based suspension. The traditional geared automatic - gone in favor of a CVT (gear-less belt driven) transmission. The engine features Honda's first direct injection system instead of port injection. Add all of this together- and it's a vastly different Accord (yet seems to retain the most loved attributes of all Accords since is 1976 introduction.

2014 Honda Accord EX-L review
By stockdox on 06/17/14 07:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I admit, I was a little bit reluctant to buy the V6 model Accord due to the negative press and some negative remarks on some chat boards. I really hope that Honda has really fixed the issues with VCM technology because it is quite amazing to get nearly the same gas mileage of the 4 Cylinder with the performance of the 6. I can tell you right now that my gas mileage is better than advertised. The car is packed with useful technology such as the side view camera and Collision avoidance and Lane Watch. The car is smooth and powerful. On balance, I am very happy with my choice. VCM is not perfect I notice the switch from 3 Cylinder mode to 6 more so then the reverse.

Great gas mileage! Terrible steering wheel vibrations and ride harshness!
By gejj on 06/15/14 16:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Gas mileage is fantastic BUT there is way too much vibration in the steering wheel at some speeds that's really annoying. It happens around 30-35 mph and again around 65-70 mph. Makes it very annoying to drive long distances. Ride quality is very stiff causing you to feel every bump and ripple in the road. The dealer updated the engine computer and rebalanced the wheels but the vibrations are still there. I'm now working with the factory rep to find out what's causing the vibrations. This is my first Honda and maybe my last if they don't fix the vibration problems.

Great car. Terrible seats.
By dmerts on 06/07/14 21:35 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the Sport model because I loooove the look of the 18" wheels and tires. 10 minute test drive went okay. Didn't notice until I drove 30 minutes to work that the seats are terrible! There's not enough padding in the backrest and the head rest/restraints push your head too far forward. After 20 minutes my neck and back were killing me. Almost like the seats are trying to push you into the fetal position. I looove everything about the car except those da#mn seats. I heartbroken that I love the car so much but don't enjoy driving it because of the uncomfortable seats.

2014 Honda Accord (Hematite Green)
By whitneytoday on 06/05/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my first vehicle which is a 2014 Honda Accord LX from AutoNation Honda in Sanford, FL. I love the new body style of the Accord and I knew that was the car of my choice. I wanted leather seats and sun roof but the EXL was a bit too much, so I started looking at the LX. Originally, the LX doesn't come with leather interior or sunroof but Skip helped me get the car of my choice and it was all in my price range. [non-permissible content removed]

Terrible Audio
By olivander on 05/31/14 08:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Honda Accord has a terrible audio system. It is junk. I did not realize how bad it was or else I would not have purchased the vehicle. I commute 90 minutes each day and the audio is important. The radio had excess static . There is no subwoofer. The speakers are tinny, muffled. When the sunroof is open and driving on the highway, I can't hear the sound! I don't understand why Honda would not offer a better system in such an expensive car without having to buy leather options. I would like Honda to offer a remedy to this problem in my current vehicle. If not, I will not buy another Honda again. (I had been a Toyota owner for 20 YEARS! Unfortunately, it may be my last.

3 Days and I am impressed!!!!
By kickaroundkid on 05/30/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I picked up my Blue (I forget the original name for the color) Honda Accord Sport 3 days ago. I was coming from a 2006 Toyota Camry SE and wasn't looking to trade it in, but the dealer gave me a good sizeable amt on it. After getting in and driving it, its like a dream. The Bluetooth, The Ride, The Seats, The 18in Rims.....the whole Sport Package. And thanks to Big Star Honda in Houston for making the process so much earlier than I thought. I was more inclined to the Mazda 6 (I owned a 2004 Mazda 3, but ran into alot of issues) before considering the Honda, but with everyone in your family with a Honda with a proven record, it was a question of don't take a chance....just go for it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Accord in VA is:

$150 per month*