2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

This Accord is better than me
By glastonbury

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I rent all makes and models of cars for work (I travel quite a bit). I don't work for, or have any affiliation, with any car brand. I can say the Accord (I have a 2014 EXL) was my favorite in the mid-size lot on build quality, engine design, ride, and comfort. It's as if Honda knows this is a big seller car, and so puts in even a little extra engineering thought into their top seller. Paradoxically, yes, the Honda is a toaster in one respect (there are so many out there); however, it's this very reason the car is so well designed.

Favorite Features

Engine is excellent (4Cyl) - very smooth, we'll hope Honda knows how to counteract the sometimes carbon build-up problem with direct injection engines. Technically, the use of more and more Ultra high Strength Steel in the car. Honda does stuff you can't even see (the actual metal composition); however, in an accident you will be glad you have this uber fancy steel protecting you.

Suggested Improvements

The instrument cluster is OK - I still think it feels a little cluttered even after driving the car for over a year (I constantly can't remember where the fan button is). Yeah, I know you can use the voice system to change climate controls. The seat bottoms could be a little longer.

Great Car
By srijal

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Got a great deal on the car. I've owned honda civic, toyota camry and acura rsx in the past and this is one of the best cars I've owned so far. I'm very light driver (take train to work) so I've just put over 8,000 miles in last 10 months and it's has been great. Electronic Stability Control worked great while driving during snow storm. So far so good.

Favorite Features

exterior design keyless entry / push button start heated leather seat / memory seat lane watch camera backup camera

Suggested Improvements

I wish they improve on the forward collision warning. It sometimes just goes off without any obstruction ahead of the car. They probably need to introduce better detection system than just a camera for forward collision warning.

Maybe I bought a Honda, expecting an Acura?
By josh2014

2014 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Accord Coupe in the beginning of November and got a great deal on it. I went looking to buy a black 4-Door with black interior. Left with a white 2-Door and Tan Interior. Seen it and absolutely loved it. And I still do. It has almost 5,000 miles on it now. I regret buying a 2-door but, that's my fault. I had problems with the brakes sticking when I first got it, and I'm going in Friday to have the "shimmy" checked out, that I've had in it sense day 1. This is a great car with great mpg, but I feel the build quality isn't that great compared to my old 2005 Maxima that I had. Already have several rattles, and the electric steering now makes a quiet tick when turning left.

Favorite Features

love the way it looks. Love the interior design and 8 inch screen. Has so many features for a base model and price. Love the gauges. Paddle shifters. Duel zone automatic climate control. Large trunk for a 2-door. I have no problem fitting my luggage and a friends, for a weekend trip. Gas mileage is great, and gets better every tank.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality. Fix the rattles, and vibrations. Wish my LX-S had garage homelink. Ride is very stiff, but maybe only the coupes are like that? CVT is shaky and jittery under light acceleration, and stopping slowly. I will most likely trade this car in this time next year for an Accord EX-L V6 sedan.

Had to trade it in after four months
By suziesivlerado

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I thought I was going to really like this car, but found it to be uncomfortable with an overwhelming amount of road noise. I'm 5 foot 2 and the seats (slightly concave design at the mid secti) never worked for me, Also the front head restraints pushed my head too far forward, and only were comfortable (tolerable) when I turned them backwards. The back seat covers never fit right (despite 2 replacement efforts) could not repair. The navigations system was useless. When I searched for local restaurants or shops it gave me a listing for restaurants 500 miles away. Lastly the voice recognition interface worked intermittently.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Review, side camera. Smooth acceleration. Interior design is fine for large people. .

Suggested Improvements

Improve the navigation and voice interfaces. Take into cosideration the fact that not all people are 5 foot 8 and 250 pounds when designing the car seats.Fix the head restraint of short people are not put in painful positions. Lower the road noise inside the car. Use better sound insulation. Design an interior noise cancellation feature that works

So Far, So Good
By penguin103

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased my 2014 Accord LX CVT new in late October, 2014. So far, they only issue I have had is with the TPMS light coming on with 94 miles on it. Dealer admitted they forgot to calibrate it when it went through pre-inspection delivery and apologized for the error. No problems since that happened. After all of the great Honda incentives, I ended up paying $19,419 plus TTL and took advantage of the 0.9% for 60 months. All of this makes this vehicle an incredible value.

Favorite Features

1) MPG - 3,000 miles on it, so far, and am averaging 34.8 mpg, overall, doing about 75% highway driving. The trip computer is very accurate in estimated mpg calculation. 2) Room - Extremely roomy. The 2013 re-design has really stretched the interior out and the rear seat is now spacious. 3) Features/Value - LX comes standard with automatic climate control, rear camera, Bluetooth and daytime driving lights and it's a top safety pick. 4) CVT - I stayed away from CVT transmissions for years because I hated Nissan's so much. This one is different. It's smooth, yet still gives you the feeling of driving a standard automatic. Drive one and you will see what I mean.

Suggested Improvements

1) Stock tires are garbage in rain and snow. I will be forced to purchase some winter tires soon because these awful. 2) Road noise - coming from a Hyundai Veloster, I really can't complain here. This is much better. However, people that have ridden in the car with me that have more 'upscale' cars tend to complain about this. Easy for them to complain since they paid double for the cars they are driving.