Horrible driver's seat
By mickrickbob on
2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I love everything about this car...except the driver's seat. I have had this car for 6 months now and I am in terrible pain because of the seat. My job requires me to commute 1hr each day and I never look forward to this because I know how much pain I will be in when I get out of my car. I'm not sure if the problem is the seat itself or the headrest. Because the headrest is on an angle, I find myself hunched over when I put my head back. I really wish Honda could find a solution to this problem because that is the only bad thing about this car.
Suggested Improvements
Fix driver's seat/headrest
By wcascrs
on 04/01/14 20:36 PM (PDT)

The root of the problem with your Accord driver's seat is there is much too much lumbar curve in the seat, and it doesn't flatten out. Even with power lumbar flattened out, the curve really punches into my back. Of course, some people with big butts and curvy sway backs may get along well with the Accord seat, but adjusting up the power lumbar is meant to accomodate those people. To determine this, have a sit in a 2013 (9th generation) Accord sedan, make sure any adjustable lumbar is flattened out to start. Pay attention how the lumbar curve feels compared to yours. Fortunately, the 9th generation Accord sedan driver's seat is really good, especially the 10 way power dr. seat in the Sport and higher trims. Unfortunately, the 8th gen 2008 to 2012 sedans had an awful lot of lumbar curve built into all trims I've tried.