Used 2012 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

This Accord is Great!!!!!!!
By RenBees

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2012 Honda Accord LX with just under 36,000 miles in Oct. 2014. My car has recently passed 50,000 miles. I got a great deal from Honda of New Rochelle. All I can say from my year with my Accord is this car is great!!! I can be picky with cars. The center stack has a lot of buttons but you get to it really quickly. This car should have more tech in being a 2012 car but it has everything you need. It is not fast but acceleration is good. The 5 speed transmission is well ratioed and doesn't make you wish for another gear. This car is smooth. It does everything well. If you value practicality this is the car for you. You get a good driving experience in this large comfortable car. I have been averaging just under 26 mpg in 60/40 highway,city. I got 35 mpg on a trip from CT to MA and back , so the mpg estimate are fairly accurate. I would like to get 2 mpg higher but I live in condensed area. This is my first Honda and I am very pleased. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quality, practical car with excellent resale value that gives you a good driving experience on the used car market.

Unhappy with 2012 Honda Accord
By vthaxton

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owed Honda's since 1985 and the 2012 is the worse. My 1998 with 250,000 miles drove and rode better than the 2012. Hesitation is a common occurrence. I took it back to the dealership but they claim couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The seats are very uncomfortable. The road noise when driving on the highway is very distracting, you can't hear the radio unless you turn up loud this is not an option when others are in the car. The gas mileage is very good. I will not keep this Honda as long as I have kept the others I have owned.

Sporty Family Sedan
By onthe4frnt

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Honda Accord LX is your typical Honda with slight improvements.
This is the 4th Honda I have driven (different generations) and probably one of the best ones.
One of the immediate noticeable differences is the road noise.
It is greatly reduced, however, still noticeable, just not as noticeable as your typical Honda (barring the 2012 Honda CRV, which has very low road noise).
The 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth and responsive, plus great gas mileage.
I'm averaging approximately 30 miles per gallon with 60% highway/40% city driving.
Handling is much more responsive and tighter than the 2012 Toyota Camry LE (which I drove for 3 months prior).

Bucket seats - feels like they hug you. Gas mileage.

Still needs a reduction in road noise. Bluetooth phone integration should be standard on an LX to match competitors.

Horrible driver's seat
By mickrickbob

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car...except the driver's seat.
I have had this car for 6 months now and I am in terrible pain because of the seat.
My job requires me to commute 1hr each day and I never look forward to this because I know how much pain I will be in when I get out of my car.
I'm not sure if the problem is the seat itself or the headrest.
Because the headrest is on an angle, I find myself hunched over when I put my head back.
I really wish Honda could find a solution to this problem because that is the only bad thing about this car.

Fix driver's seat/headrest

Breaking noise when coming from a complete stop at stop lights
By zintage

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It appears that in most of these 1012 models there is a break noise that becomes increasing loud when the weather temperatures increase.

This was rather frustrating because I bought this car in the winter of last year and as it became summer the noise became prominent.

Before you purchase this car please test drive it during hot weather and let go of the break after coming to a complete stop.
It will crunch and grind as if it were a car with 500+ miles on it.

My family owns 5 honda accords from previous years and none of them make this noise.
The dealer indicates that it's the pads shifting, but if that were the case why does it change with the weather and only in this model.

I do enjoy the extended radio attachments, but that comes with most cars at this time.

Please fix the upper control arm noise (if that's what it is) and ensure there is no crunching noise when rolling from a stop. It's scaring my passengers and also making the drive very unpleasant in stop and go traffic. Also, the head rests are not made for shorter people. My parents have removed them from their Honda Van.