2012 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Unhappy with 2012 Honda Accord
By vthaxton on 08/27/14 14:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owed Honda's since 1985 and the 2012 is the worse. My 1998 with 250,000 miles drove and rode better than the 2012. Hesitation is a common occurrence. I took it back to the dealership but they claim couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The seats are very uncomfortable. The road noise when driving on the highway is very distracting, you can't hear the radio unless you turn up loud this is not an option when others are in the car. The gas mileage is very good. I will not keep this Honda as long as I have kept the others I have owned.

Sporty Family Sedan
By onthe4frnt on 11/25/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Honda Accord LX is your typical Honda with slight improvements. This is the 4th Honda I have driven (different generations) and probably one of the best ones. One of the immediate noticeable differences is the road noise. It is greatly reduced, however, still noticeable, just not as noticeable as your typical Honda (barring the 2012 Honda CRV, which has very low road noise). The 5 speed automatic transmission is very smooth and responsive, plus great gas mileage. I'm averaging approximately 30 miles per gallon with 60% highway/40% city driving. Handling is much more responsive and tighter than the 2012 Toyota Camry LE (which I drove for 3 months prior).

Horrible driver's seat
By mickrickbob on 09/28/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car...except the driver's seat. I have had this car for 6 months now and I am in terrible pain because of the seat. My job requires me to commute 1hr each day and I never look forward to this because I know how much pain I will be in when I get out of my car. I'm not sure if the problem is the seat itself or the headrest. Because the headrest is on an angle, I find myself hunched over when I put my head back. I really wish Honda could find a solution to this problem because that is the only bad thing about this car.

Breaking noise when coming from a complete stop at stop lights
By zintage on 09/15/12 11:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It appears that in most of these 1012 models there is a break noise that becomes increasing loud when the weather temperatures increase. This was rather frustrating because I bought this car in the winter of last year and as it became summer the noise became prominent. Before you purchase this car please test drive it during hot weather and let go of the break after coming to a complete stop. It will crunch and grind as if it were a car with 500+ miles on it. My family owns 5 honda accords from previous years and none of them make this noise. The dealer indicates that it's the pads shifting, but if that were the case why does it change with the weather and only in this model.

Uncomfortable driver seat
By junior12 on 05/02/12 14:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 2012 Honda Accord LX. Drivers side seat just slightly above the lumbar support is hurting my back. Adjusting the seat or adding some padding does not help. Extreme discomfort after 25 minutes of driving time. Very poor seat design. Very disappointed in Honda. Do a "Google" search to read about many others having back pain due to the seat design. I like the 2012 Honda Accord's but what good is this car if I cannot drive it without being in severe pain.

Trunk is leaking
By michael161 on 12/04/11 21:54 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car is two month old, 5000 miles, so far I have water leak in the trunk during rain (brand new car) and some strange clinking noise when I drive on not so smooth road. I had some strange noises in my Toyota Camry 2006 too, but I was able to drive over 200k miles with that car without problem doing just regular service, may be my new Accord will last same number of miles also without problemsÂ… Who knows? I hope my dealer will figure out (eventualy) what is wrong with my carÂ’s trunk and Honda warranty will pay for repairs.

what a mistake
By mailman12 on 11/17/11 13:27 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We finally decided to replace my wife's 2001 Camry she always wanted a Honda and took standard 10 minute tes drive she loved it. We picked up the vehicle and after her driving back to work she stated to get extreme back pains which is caused by built in seat restraints, after numerous of dealing with dealership we went to Hond direct and they said nothing they could do and to get rid of car or live with it who wants to take that kind of financial hit so buyer beware make sure take long test ride is this vehicle.

Excellent car!
By cruncherblock on 11/10/11 16:27 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has become what Volvo used to be. A solid dependable, long lasting car. The Edmunds review is totally off base when it says that the Altima is more fun to drive. I had a 2008 prior to this and it handled awefully. The dash board looked like a used tire, and it felt like you were sitting in the bottom of an aluminum boat. There was nothing sporty about the way the car performed other than acceleration (just don't try to drive it in the rain, no traction due to the CVT transaxle) This car might not be stocked with options like the Hyundai's and Kia's, but what it lacks in options, it makes up in a ride and driving experience that the knock-off Kia and Hyundai cars will never know.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord in VA is:

$133 per month*