2011 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Accord EXL V-6 Blows Smoke

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Accord EXL V-6 Blows Smoke
By trcolli on

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have 22k on my 2011 Accord EXL V-6 and it blows a blue/white smoke on hard acceleration. Looks like an old Volvo Diesel with smoke billowing in the in the mirror. Its done this since new - dealer says its common but not a problem?? Makes me wonder. This is the 3rd Accord I've owned, all previous 4cyl. Never had a problem with any of them.

Nav system easy to use and works good. Not as complicated as other brands. Decent mileage 28.5 overall -

Build a V-6 that doesn't smoke??
By ponytrix
on 03/10/13 09:03 AM (PDT)

get a second opinion....my husband, who worked for American Honda for many years as a tech and a service manager thinks its possible your rings haven't seated properly. He wants you to check your oil level, see how much you are using. I've been researching buying another honda after we had problems with our 08 accord - I was wondering if our situation was isolated, but now I'm thinking the company just isn't building the same car, or offering the same level of customer service.