Good 'Middle-Age' Guy Car
By Vyker on
2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Just purchased the vehicle, so I am in the new-ower phase. My color is Gun- metal gray, with black leather interior. It is an EX-L V-6 Coupe. I test drove the Nissan Altima Coupe (V- 6 and V-4, did not like to buy premium gas), the Kia Forte Coupe, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, the Ford Mustang, and the Mitsubishi Eclipse. All of those were good cars, just that the V-6 Honda Accord Coupe was the one I wanted based on reliability, safety, looks, and performance. Gunn Honda had a special, Got my car for $25,380 (before tax). It was cheaper than a used Honda. go figure.
Favorite Features
The visibility is great on this thing, the seats with Lumbar support are good. The back seats can lower, and have switch to help back seat passengers exit vehicle. Solid build, not much road noise though. I dont know what people mean when they talk about road noise, none in my car.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I can think of...is get a car alarm that has a 'shock' sensor. Someone can bust your window and the alarm would not go off. Only if they open a door, or try to start it. For a car that costs over 20K get a decent car alarm installed at factory. I have to go after market now.
By hondafam3
on 12/25/10 13:32 PM (PST)

Thanks for the update. I highly recommend the splash guards. I think that Honda does the best job of any car maker with these. They're functional but don't distract from the car's styling. You got a fantastic deal for your car!!! Invoice for the car is right at $27,700. I bought mine in September for $28,000 and thought that I'd done well. The dealer had installed the options I earlier mentioned, plus some things of questionable value - weather proofing, undercoating and fabric protection (leather seats?) and was asking close to $32,000 for the car. Congrats.

By vykerdse
on 12/26/10 03:50 AM (PST)

I am going to look into the spash guards installed next year...after I hopefully get a IRS refund. From reading your comments I researched it some and I agree it is a good investment for the car. Appreciate the heads up. Only other thing I was thinking of adding, was a better alarm. The Honda car alarm has no 'shock' sensor. A person can smash a window in...and as long as they don't open a door...the alarm won't go off. I also bought window tinting at the dealer (about $250) and had locking lug nuts installed (about $50). Only other issue...is the 2011 EX-L V-6 Accord Sedan has a self-dimming rear view mirror...but the more expensive 2011 EX-L V6 Coupe has the basic rear view mirror....go figure. Wish you a long/safe/ reliable future with your Coupe, I feel this car will last me a good bit of time.

By nyjock9
on 03/11/11 15:55 PM (PST)

Hey Bud,we have the same exact cars,color and all,and i thought i had gotten the best deal possible but looks like u beat me by bout 700$,i did get the door guards,splash guards,wheel locks and all weather trunk liner thrown in,for 26,103$ before sales tax,but the dealer burned me at the end for another 200$ for window etch,(i get 2500$ on top of what my ins.co gives me if the car is stolen in the first 2 yrs),but i loved my deal,got 20k for my07 pilot and the car was 27,500$ out the door. thank u

By vykerdse
on 12/23/10 18:57 PM (PST)

The price I paid for the whole car was $25,380 ( I had to pay tax on top of that), but the $25380 was the complete prce of the car. Gunn Honda in San Antonio - Roger Munt was my salesman. They had a deal to try and sell as many Honda's as possible, and the price was below invoice. I could not pass it up. I don't have splash guards...I might like them.

By hondafam3
on 12/30/10 14:33 PM (PST)

I had the same observation about the better mirror! You can have the better one installed, but it's not cheap - $200 - $300 I believe. I'll probably do the locking lug nuts as well. That's a good idea.

By hondafam3
on 12/12/10 12:03 PM (PST)

Would be very interested to know if the $25,380 included everything other than sales tax (dealer prep fees, transportation, etc.) for a 2011 V6 EXL coupe. If it did, that's an unbelievably good price! I thought that I had done well paying $300 over invoice, which included pin striping, splash guards, all weather mats and the all weather trunk liner.