Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Don't let looks deceive you....
By bimmercity1

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on account that I could not afford to buy what I really wanted. I wanted sporty and reliable. I was told top look at Honda. I ended up looking at the Accourd Coupe. It looked great on the outside. It's been 5 months, I am so disappointed with Honda. 1. It's the EX you would think top of the line would add insulation. I hear everything. I cannot use bluthooth on the highway. Dimmer on the display is a joke, light sensor too sensitive. Suspension is too soft, steering well has not been centered from day one. Windows if lowered, vibrate so does everything in storage along with rear shelf. Only some buttons are lit at night?? No puddle/underdash lights.

I am so glad I got the V6, since it's one of the pros on this car. Lighting on the driver pod is nice at night.

1. Please add insulation throughout!! 2. Better quality plastic materials. 3. Improve efficiency with radio phone controls. 4. Can I get a power seat for the passenger too! 5. Arm rest needs to be more useful, if my left hand is on the wheel the armrest sits, way too low. 6. Aggressive tires, car looks sporty on outside, so basically it's a 4 dr sedan with 2 doors instead. No other distinction. I know Honda offers a sporty suspension, maybe they should equip a few models as such. 7. Doors & trunk lid need to be weighted better way too light, makes them feel very cheap. 8. Can't wait to get rid of this thing... 9. I guess people buy Honda's for other reasons, look elsewhere...

Back to my roots...
By thunderhexed

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first car in High School was an Artic White 1985 Accord LX sedan that my family and I put over 200K miles on - it had 60K on it when we bought it in 93. The car I was driving before my 2011 Accord sedan was a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, which i THOUGHT was my dream car until I realized the headache it was to own - directional tires, premium gas, and electronic malfunctions galore - not to mention HORRIBLE paint that literally came off in chips - fast forward to 2011, and I traded it for my Accord. Its smooth, quiet, classy, GREAT on gas, gets compliments galore and I have piece of mind knowing that I have a reliable, quality vehicle to get me around town.

While it is a pretty big different to go from an almost 300HP posrts coupe to a 4 cylinder Accord, I was surprised at how much pep the car has. I have no trouble getting on interstates in traffic or passing, even with air on. The ride is supple yet firm and responsive. I love the dash layout - has a very euro look to it. Backseat passengers always comment on the ample amount of space. The polished metal with chrome door trim and handles make it look very classy and upscale. I had a spoiler added to the rear deck for added appeal. It gets the looks from the others at work who are getting out of their Benz's and BMWs and such. I can go almost two weeks on a full tank driving 60 miles a day.

Only issue I have to comment on is, being an audiophile, the standard cd system, while adequate for most, is weak in my opinion. I listen to alot of electronic music such as club/house/downtempo and chillout. The speakers sound fine while parked in a garage, but while on highways, i have to turn the system up almost to 20 to hear anything decent and I have to keep the bass on C or 0. I don't blast my music by anymeans cuz i can't stand distortion, but I will definitly be looking into upgrading the speakers and amp system in this car and possibly going with an EX with premium sound next time around!

I HATE IT!!!
By mreich1

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda in less than 10 years and second accord, so that should tell you how much I have like Honda in the past. Well, they really blew it on this car. I truly hate this car. I hate it so much, that when my lease was up on my Pilot, I replaced it with a Toyata, because Honda obviously does not care. This car is way underpowered. You hit the gas, and almost nothing happens. Goes from 0-60 in about 10 seconds. Try going up the hills in San Francisco. You will stall unless you are in first gear. This car should be offered only in a six cylinder. I think I want my 1979 Dodge Colt back. And gas mileage is terrible, of course it should get 25 mpg, it barely has an engine

comfortable

How about putting some more power into it.

Another Winner from Honda
By bdazzled

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 09 Civic Sedan for the 2011 Accord LX-P. What a ride! Drives like a dream. All features are right there in front of you, easy/user friendly. I can't believe the engine is only a 4-cylinder for such a big car. This car has spunk. Why others have said the seats are uncomfortable, is beyond me. With the 8-position power seats & the Telescoping steering wheel-I was able to meld myself to the seat perfectly. Like sitting on my sofa at home. So far, this car has been perfect. I hope to Update this review in the Spring after our Winter here in the N.E. That's a true test for any car.

Outstanding over-all ride. Very comfortable seats. The CD/Radio Sysytem. All the features this car comes with on this trim level.

Well, yes-there is road noise that comes thru, but it's not overly intrusive, you get use to it. Standard window visors would have been a nice bonus, but are available as an accessory.

Great family car
By perunest

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 4 cylinder EX leather edition. My previous car was a BMW M3 that cost more than twice as much. I bought the Accord for its reliability and the reasonable price for all the features that are inculded. I have 24,177 miles on it in 11 months and I have had no problems. Maintenance on the BMW was minimal while it was in the "free maintenance" period. After that it became very expensive, so I traded it at 50,000 miles.

Comfortable ride, appearance, cost, Blue Tooth, XM.

mpg estimator