Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

LOVE THIS ROCKET SHIP!
By robloe30

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very picky about what I drive, which is why I chose the Coupe. This car has beautiful lines, I can't tell you how many compliments I get on this car. I bought the Polished Metal with Black Leather and couldn't be more happier. I could easily see 10 years from now this car still turning heads. I really wanted to buy stick shift but after I saw the automatic came with the paddle-shifters I chose the automatic and couldn't be more happy. What is truly amazing is that I've seen used versions of my car selling for nearly what I paid for the car Brand NEW! Oh Honda, I love their re-sale value. That's exactly why I didn't buy the Genesis Coupe. Oh and did I mention the car is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Styling of the exterior is absoulty beautiful, it looks like a pin-up girl! lol The car just looks fast, but yet it oozzes luxary, from a Honda! I've even had people tell me "Nice Acura!" then I have to tell them, no it's a Honda. The seats are not the most comfortable, but I'm smart enough to realize that this is truly a sports car, and well, that kinda comes with the territory. The seats are built for cornering support not long grandma comfort trips. If I wanted soft comfortable seats I would have bought a min-van. The suspension is very well engineered. It corners like it's on rails! I have no problem taking turns that are posted 35 MPH at 55-60 MPH and the tires don't even make a sound.

I would like to see Honda improve the tone of the exhuast a bit. I wish they had put a little growl in the exhaust note, this is something I'm looking into. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for my car to sound like a motorcycle, just a throatier exhaust note to enhance the overall driving experience. Also I think for what we pay for this sports coupe, Navigation should come standard, but that's just my opinion. I would have liked to see 19" wheels standard on this car as well. Gas mileage could be better but I also could drive a little slower as well. I notice when I push it the car seams to get about 13-17 MPG, that's not very good. Dash materials could be better from a Honda product too

many issues!!! buyer beware
By kyrider

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I finally met with the Factory Rep in my area and he verbally ack the shimmy issue but refused to put in writing! Of course, he's not stupid....
[non-permissible content removed]

None at this point

Improve quality!!

By beachgirl100

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am still debating if I like this car! I had a SUV for 12 years and downsized for fuel economy. The seats are very uncomfortable and the road noise is HORRIBLE. You CANNOT hear someone in the backseat talking to you on interstate without them almost yelling at you.
If I had to do it all again, I would not choose this car based on the interior noise and very uncomfortable seat.
I have read reviews and saw that others have complaints about the seats as well so I guess nothing can or will be done to correct my car (problem). Definitley take for a test drive on interstate if possible..

Gas mileage and interior. The leather seems a bit cheap compared to what I had in the past vehicles.

Interior Noise and SEATS!!!

A great value
By gccmb5

2011 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Accord, and they continue to improve and refine them with each new model.
Very well put together.
I have had mine for about eight months and have almost 10K miles on it.
Everything is still as it was when new.
No squeaks, rattles, or issues of any kind.
Great ride, great feel and handling.
Tire noise is a little loud, but once I wear out the Dunlops I'll put on something quiter.
I'm 6'4", so the seats could be a little larger, but there is plenty of head room and I have no problems driving for six hours at a stretch.
The 4cyl is peppy around town, but it is by no means fast, I would describe it as adequate.
I have need averaging just over 30mpg in mixed driving.

Great gas mileage for a car of this size. Huge trunk. Honda reliability and resale value. I love the interior, it is very nice place to spend time. Paint and finish durability is excellent, 10 months and not a single chip or scratch, and that is with quite a bit of hwy driving. Love the telescoping steering wheel, easy to find a comfortable driving position. Very accurate cruise control. Plenty of interior storage. Glad I went for the LX-P: Alloy wheels, security sytem, lighted door and steering wheel buttons plus more for not much more money.

I think they should make the 190HP 4 cylinder the base engine, or make it an option on the LX and LX-P, the 177HP 4cyl is a little weak at hwy speeds, but I didn't want to spend the extra $ to get the EX with the bigger 4cyl. Sound system is lacking, not the best sound quality and no USB input. Placement of the 12V power port in the center consol is strange, it is toward the middle of the compartment which takes up space and is hard to access.

read reviews before buying!!
By kyrider

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many people are reporting steering wheel vibration and dealers can't fix this issue. For example read this thread:

Do your research before buying! Some people are reporting success in having Honda admit there is an issue but I bet not everybody has money for a lawyer.

The best course of action is to call BBB Auto line and get them involved. With enough people complaining Honda must look into this issue.

not many to be honest. it's a nice car to drive for 6 months before issues start.

Time to go back to the drawing board! What good is a car packed with features that doesn't drive as expected.