Used 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sleeper sedan - 2nd review
By maxdriver

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second review. I now have 31k miles on my Accord. This has been an outstanding value for me. I do about 20K business miles per year in the Accord. If I am not in a rush, I try to cruise at 65 MPH on the highway and when I do, I get about 32 mpg. The car has been totally without problems so far. All I've done for maintenance is oil changes. Third gear is a minor irritation, as it will pop out of gear when the car is cold and I'm not careful with the shift action. The engine is a work of art, with a high redline and plenty of torque! I added an iPod connection and fog lights to the original package. TL sway bars and auto dimming mirror are next. Great car!

Mutil-talented car
By Dan

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car new is a great compromise between comfort, performance and practicality. I added fog lights and a rear wing spoiler. I am tall, and find it very roomy, with plenty of leg room in the back seat. The interior is very nice and the overall build quality appears to be great. It is very quiet and smooth. The 6-speed manual transmission is fun to drive, and the smooth free-revving engine feels quite powerful. The engine is only at 2100 RPM @ 65 MPH in 6th. I do experience rough shifts in 3rd gear, like many other Honda/Acura 6MT owners. But it is not too bad. I put Dunlop Wintersport tires on, and this car handles very well in ice and snow

Favorite Features

Free-revving, powerful engine. Sunroof. Build quality. Nice steering feel. 6MT transmission is fun.

Suggested Improvements

A better transmission fluid to help with the rough 3rd gear 6MT shifts. Apparently, GM syncromesh transmission fluid solves this problem. But warranty concerns prevent most owners from taking advantage of it until their warranty expires.

Awesome drive
By Amy Dizney

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I can't say enough about the performance. Fast, smooth, handles very well. I just wish I could legally really get on it to see how fast it will go. Beautiful black leather interior. Easy access to console. Highly reccommend Ipod adaptor,the controls are on my steering wheel. Heated seats required in Mass winters. Fits my family of five comfortably in back seat. The roomy rear seat was my major decision for choosing this over larger SUV. Great on gas. So far got me to work during 2 snow storms at ease. Sunroof gives a nice breeze rather than huge air rush through the vehicle. Huge trunk with fold down seats for large items like lumber. My 10 year old can't wait to get license to drive this car 2015.

Favorite Features

Standard, sunroof, leather, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

I wish I was able to get automatic start with my standard

Some Good, Some Bad
By Dagwood

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I like this car, but the manual transmission has become frustrating in cold weather. Difficult 3rd gear shift and it will occasionally throw the stick out of gear. This is not uncommon with this transmission in the sedan, coupe, S2000, Civic si, and Acura TL. I love everything else about the car and I still like the 6-speed even with this problem - I just wish Honda would solve the issue. Comfy seats, good accel and passing power, nice ride, decent handling, nice stereo, heated mirrors & seats. I put Dunlop Wintersport M3s on the car and the are wonderful - better than the stock Michelins. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the rear end of the car, but I like it better than the '08s.

Favorite Features

Power, 6 spd. - even with cold weather problem, heated seats/mirrors. Steering wheel with radio/cruise controls.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should acknowledge the cold weather shift problem and fix it (Forums suggest a different transmission fluid). Better stock tires.

Sleeper sedan
By maxdriver

2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a Focus SVT for my 6-speed sedan. I wanted something with more room and refinement. I am extremely pleased with the Accord. The 6-speed is very smooth shifting; the engine is powerful and smooth. I recently sold my G35 coupe, which sounded like a tractor engine at WOT compared to the Accord V06! I like the stealth(sleeper)appearance of the sedan. The body leans more than I like in curves. I plan on adding some TL sway bars in the future.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting 6-speed; roomy interior; well equipped standard features - 6 airbags; ABS; stability control; heated leather; sunroof; anticipated Honda reliability; regular gas

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights should be standard; stiffer sway bars