2000 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Solid as a rock!
By Emay1965 on 02/15/09 04:45 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 Accord EX V6 back in Nov. 2004 with 68k on the odometer. All I can say is this has been the best car I've ever owned. I took the vehicle to the dealer at around 75k for an oil change and they indicated that the tranny was going and recommended I get it replaced by Honda. This was a known problem and Honda was handling for free as long as it was done before 80k miles. Outside of that and my alternator being replaced recently, this car has been a dream. I'm currently at 161k miles and hope to own at least to 250k. I'll probably replace with another Accord but just afraid the later models won't compare in reliability.

Transmission Went Out
By Dave on 12/22/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I knew that the 2000 Accord had a history of transmission problems but since my car had made it to 108,000 miles, I felt it would make it to 200,000. I loved this car. But last week the transmission did go out. I would still recommend this car since most of them do fine. Fortunately I still got a good trade-in, and got a new 2009 Civic, which I love just as much.

Not as reliable as previous
By Mark on 12/22/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I never had many problems when I owned my 1994 Accord EX and unfortunately this one, 2000 Accord EX v6 Coupe, has not been as reliable. It seems there were a few years where Honda models had issues with carbon build-up in the engine and I was an unfortunate victim. $2400 later and still have some minor issues with though nothing serious. Had all but two valves replaced due to carbon build-up burnt and cracked valves. Also just recently I spent another $1500 due to power steering pump and fluid leak in rack and pinion. Merry Christmas to me. These repair items, though costly, are to be expected for the most part although I would have preferred a little better reliability.

Love this Accord
By mdurkin on 11/27/08 05:52 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 and have owned it for 8 and half years. In that time I have put 135,000 trouble-free miles on it. Literally, no problems, not one. I have maintained it well, but have never had anything break on it. I am giving this car to my son this weekend, I am sad to see it go, but he needs a car and can't drive a manual transmission, so I am giving it up. It feels like a divorce. I have loved this car, and expect it to last another 10 years with good maintenance. Good fuel economy, about 25 around town, 30 to 33 on highway with cruise control. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new car.

2000 Accord LX 4dr sedan
By 2000 Accord LX 4dr on 11/21/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

4 cyl engine with 5 sp manual transmission. Purchased from dealer as a service loaner vehicle with 8K miles. Now at 106K miles with absolutely no problems in 7 years of ownership. My second Accord, this one is just as reliable as my '83 was. Reliably gets 35 mpg on highway. No service visits until 105K when timing belt/water pump are scheduled for replacement. I would very highly recommend these cars to others.

All Around Solid Car
By Dave on 11/14/08 08:47 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car with 79,000 miles after our 93 Camry was totaled in an accident. Now have 90,000 on it. This has been a great car for us overall. It has sufficient power and is very comfortable. It just has a solid feeling and quality in all aspects. The interior has the look of a more expensive car, conservative but tasteful. Our gas mileage with this v-6 has averaged about 23-25 in mixed driving and 30 mpg on the highway.

Honda
By HONDA on 10/20/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I had my 2000 Honda for 2 yrs with no problems but a head gasket that had to be replaced (under warranty). It was an excellent vehicle it had all the extras spoiler, mudflaps, wood grain on radio console, sunroof wind deflector which enhances the appearance. Well traded in for a Ford well go figure I recommend this vehicle for any one looking for a nice reliable vehicle

5 Worry-Free Years later...
By Twitch on 10/03/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

First car after college and it's been fantastic, just turned over 106K miles! Easily 30mpg highway, 25 city. If you are in the market, the 4- cylinder EX sedan is the safe bet...the transmission problem is primarily in the V6 models. I tinted the windows so mine doesn't look like everyone else's. My back seat passengers almost always fall asleep on road trips, thanks to the excellent ride and comfortable seats. This car has been very sturdy and predictable on snow and ice, and, thanks to the good handling, has got me out a tight spot a few times (i.e., 50 mph pileup during a blizzard, tapped the brakes, downshifted to 3rd and took the ditch, drove right out and kept going!). A great car!!

Old Friend
By Marko on 07/18/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My faithful 2000 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl auto has just hit 211,000 after nine years of ownership when I bought it new. It has never had a failure or unscheduled service of any kind during that time. There really isn't anything more to say. I'll swap it in this year for a new Accord, but I'll miss it.

Love my honda
By kidace on 07/13/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have 265,000 miles on my Honda and it still drives great. I have only done oil changes and replaced the tires. I recommend people to consider getting a Honda or at least trying one before buying.