2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love this Accord
By mdurkin on 11/27/08 05:52 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 and have owned it for 8 and half years. In that time I have put 135,000 trouble-free miles on it. Literally, no problems, not one. I have maintained it well, but have never had anything break on it. I am giving this car to my son this weekend, I am sad to see it go, but he needs a car and can't drive a manual transmission, so I am giving it up. It feels like a divorce. I have loved this car, and expect it to last another 10 years with good maintenance. Good fuel economy, about 25 around town, 30 to 33 on highway with cruise control. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new car.

2000 Accord LX 4dr sedan
By 2000 Accord LX 4dr on 11/21/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

4 cyl engine with 5 sp manual transmission. Purchased from dealer as a service loaner vehicle with 8K miles. Now at 106K miles with absolutely no problems in 7 years of ownership. My second Accord, this one is just as reliable as my '83 was. Reliably gets 35 mpg on highway. No service visits until 105K when timing belt/water pump are scheduled for replacement. I would very highly recommend these cars to others.

All Around Solid Car
By Dave on 11/14/08 08:47 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car with 79,000 miles after our 93 Camry was totaled in an accident. Now have 90,000 on it. This has been a great car for us overall. It has sufficient power and is very comfortable. It just has a solid feeling and quality in all aspects. The interior has the look of a more expensive car, conservative but tasteful. Our gas mileage with this v-6 has averaged about 23-25 in mixed driving and 30 mpg on the highway.

Honda
By HONDA on 10/20/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I had my 2000 Honda for 2 yrs with no problems but a head gasket that had to be replaced (under warranty). It was an excellent vehicle it had all the extras spoiler, mudflaps, wood grain on radio console, sunroof wind deflector which enhances the appearance. Well traded in for a Ford well go figure I recommend this vehicle for any one looking for a nice reliable vehicle

5 Worry-Free Years later...
By Twitch on 10/03/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

First car after college and it's been fantastic, just turned over 106K miles! Easily 30mpg highway, 25 city. If you are in the market, the 4- cylinder EX sedan is the safe bet...the transmission problem is primarily in the V6 models. I tinted the windows so mine doesn't look like everyone else's. My back seat passengers almost always fall asleep on road trips, thanks to the excellent ride and comfortable seats. This car has been very sturdy and predictable on snow and ice, and, thanks to the good handling, has got me out a tight spot a few times (i.e., 50 mph pileup during a blizzard, tapped the brakes, downshifted to 3rd and took the ditch, drove right out and kept going!). A great car!!

Old Friend
By Marko on 07/18/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My faithful 2000 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl auto has just hit 211,000 after nine years of ownership when I bought it new. It has never had a failure or unscheduled service of any kind during that time. There really isn't anything more to say. I'll swap it in this year for a new Accord, but I'll miss it.

Love my honda
By kidace on 07/13/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have 265,000 miles on my Honda and it still drives great. I have only done oil changes and replaced the tires. I recommend people to consider getting a Honda or at least trying one before buying.

Amazing Car
By 00Accord on 07/11/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 9 years now, and I have to say, I fell in love with it from the very beginning. Immediately when you get in, the interior feels grand. You don't get that cheap feeling at all. Start the engine up and rev it a little to get your blood pumping. It is by no means a sports car, but the V6 version is definitely sporty for a family sedan. 0-60 is about 7.9 seconds, and you can really feel the 200 horses kick when you reach 3500 rpm and Vtec kicks in. As far as ride quality goes, I have no complaints. Turns are maneuvered impressively, the cabin is amazingly quiet, even at highway speeds, and the huge seats feel great. This is an overall perfect car.

2000 EX V6 was Honda's best model
By Jim Rosalez on 06/08/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

My 2000 Honda has been fun to drive and the maintenance which I has only been done by Honda for the entire life of the car, hence there is a record of all maintenance done on the car for anyone wishing to check it out. Clean and maintained properly. Really not sure that I will sell it but at the moment I am looking at doing so. All mileage has been on a local bases with the exception of trips to and from relocation areas. This is one of Honda's best cars done in 2000. Just recently got a letter from Honda on their Premier Program for 2000 Hondas. It appears that there is a great demand for this model year. Makes me think maybe I should keep the car.

I love my Honda
By pbhonda on 04/11/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord brand new in July 2000. I have put 158,000 trouble-free miles on it. I cannot say enough about this car. It recently suffered some pretty severe damage in a hail storm, so I am stuck driving a 2007 Chrysler Sebring while it is in the shop. I miss my car so much. My "old" Honda would absolutely kick the Chryslers! I will never buy anything but a Honda. It drives wonderfully, is reliable, and has proven to be a very safe car. Rear-ended by a Ford Mustang a couple years ago. Only a couple scrapes on the bumper, the Mustang did not fare as well. The only things I don't like are 1. the transmission hesitates to shift in stop-and-go traffic and 2. brakes could be better.