130K and still running strong!
By Old frugal guy on
2000 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan
I have a 2000 EX sedan which I purchased new in 2000. I change the oil every 3K miles, installed my first set of brakes (front and rear) at 105K miles, the dealer said that I still had at least 10K miles left on them. Replaced my battery last year. It didn't fail, but it was getting weak. Replaced timing belt and all other belts. Brake fluid, clutch fluid, transmission oil and anti-freeze is changed every 3 years. I get 33 mpg driving 70MPH on the highway. Never had a problem with the car and expect to be driving it for at least another 10 years.
Favorite Features
Owning a car this long 10 years you become very comfortable with it. Simple things like the sun glasses compartment, the wife likes the vanity mirrors, and the lights on the doors are nice at night when you are getting in or out.
Suggested Improvements
The seats could be better bolstered. I know that new Honda's have much better seats. The handling could be just a litter more taut. The car came with Michelin tires, when I changed to Bridgestone Potenza's; the handling and tire wear was much improved.