Used 2000 Honda Accord LX V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Transmission FAILURE
By abynum16

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I would say this is a reliable car but, it's either it's great or your transmission fail no in between. Transmission failure with a P0730 failure code. Failure with automatic transmission & gear shift. My father and I both had this problem with two different honda accords. I recommend that you do not buy this car because you don't know what you'll end up with !

Great Car
By HawaiiFive0

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have the V6 and it is great, has 190,000 miles and still goes. Of course I have changed a few sensors and alternator but nothing before 100k. Gas is ok in Missouri I got 28 mpg but now here in Hawaii I only get about 21 but she is getting old. No major problems but you must be sure to take it to someone who knows Honda or else.

V6 power. So smooth you forget how fast you are going.

$$ for the car, parts. Does not break often but when it does the part will be $100 easy.

One of the greatest cars I've ever had!
By Honda Owner

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

We've had this car now for over five years. It's been (and still is) a fantastic car! The sound system sounds great, even after eight years. The V6 engine makes it incredibly fun to drive. The only major mechanical problem we've had with the car was that the transmission went out about two years ago. Apparently this has been a problem for this particular Accord model. Honda replaced the transmission for free because the car had less than 100,000 miles on it. The only other complaint we've had with the car was that the leather on the driver's seat started cracking about four years after we bought the car. Other than that, it still runs and looks great

V6 engine, audio controls on the steering wheel, sunroof, sound system, comfort, power seat, trunk space, "Homelink" system, reliability, sporty look, remote trunk opener, easy to read gauges, high resell value, great gas mileage, and overall durability.

Nothing really. The transmission going out was a big problem, but, as I said, Honda replaced it for free. The quality of leather could be improved to prevent wear and tear from the constant use of the driver's seat.

that Honda, so hot right now, Honda
By Jeremy Clark

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

There is nothing bad that you can say about this car. Maybe a wish for heated seats (but that's only because I just moved to Chicago), other than that it's great. Great body design; stylish, sensible, not too big so you can't parallel in tight spaces (a must for Chicago or any big city). Great all-around car.

The In-dash 6 CD changer..best thing ever.

Larger open space between the trunk and back seat when you lay the back seat down.

LX V6 2000
By stl man

I have this car for 3+ yrs now and
never was sorry I bought it. Feels
always solid, comfortable, not the
fastest but still very powerful. After
1 year I had dashboard and turn signal
bulb burned out and still have strange
problem with my ignition which requires
some haggling before it can be turned.
Spare key works fine (problem with a
microchip inside this key?).When itÂ’s
wet and freezing windows won't open
(no problem with my old Taurus).I
get 19-23 miles/g,most I got on a
long trip 26m/g.Beside that I have no
worries, long gone days of my regular
trips to repair shop with my old Ford.
Will see when this car get to the same
age my Ford was.

Solid built, power, comfort.

Keyless entry on LX, standard CD/cassette, better winter time windows.