2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Transmission FAILURE
By abynum16 on 04/19/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I would say this is a reliable car but, it's either it's great or your transmission fail no in between. Transmission failure with a P0730 failure code. Failure with automatic transmission & gear shift. My father and I both had this problem with two different honda accords. I recommend that you do not buy this car because you don't know what you'll end up with !

Great Car
By HawaiiFive0 on 06/18/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have the V6 and it is great, has 190,000 miles and still goes. Of course I have changed a few sensors and alternator but nothing before 100k. Gas is ok in Missouri I got 28 mpg but now here in Hawaii I only get about 21 but she is getting old. No major problems but you must be sure to take it to someone who knows Honda or else.

One of the greatest cars I've ever had!
By Honda Owner on 11/28/07 16:31 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

We've had this car now for over five years. It's been (and still is) a fantastic car! The sound system sounds great, even after eight years. The V6 engine makes it incredibly fun to drive. The only major mechanical problem we've had with the car was that the transmission went out about two years ago. Apparently this has been a problem for this particular Accord model. Honda replaced the transmission for free because the car had less than 100,000 miles on it. The only other complaint we've had with the car was that the leather on the driver's seat started cracking about four years after we bought the car. Other than that, it still runs and looks great

that Honda, so hot right now, Honda
By Jeremy Clark on 12/19/04 12:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

There is nothing bad that you can say about this car. Maybe a wish for heated seats (but that's only because I just moved to Chicago), other than that it's great. Great body design; stylish, sensible, not too big so you can't parallel in tight spaces (a must for Chicago or any big city). Great all-around car.

LX V6 2000
By stl man on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have this car for 3+ yrs now and never was sorry I bought it. Feels always solid, comfortable, not the fastest but still very powerful. After 1 year I had dashboard and turn signal bulb burned out and still have strange problem with my ignition which requires some haggling before it can be turned. Spare key works fine (problem with a microchip inside this key?).When itÂ’s wet and freezing windows won't open (no problem with my old Taurus).I get 19-23 miles/g,most I got on a long trip 26m/g.Beside that I have no worries, long gone days of my regular trips to repair shop with my old Ford. Will see when this car get to the same age my Ford was.

Honda2000AccordV6
By Catherine Rauch on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Seat belt hook-up too far back. Very hard to reach. Same with extra compartment by the belt hook-up. Too far back. Can't use it unless the car is stopped. Not a good feature.

I won't buy Honda next time
By al2000 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I replaced transmission 3(!) times + side airbag for 2 years(all expenses paid by Honda)

Bullet Proof Engine!
By AccordOwner on 03/05/02 13:36 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Little things like the trunk release and gas door latch as well as the sun visors are well designed and have a sturdy feel to them. I drive this car like I hate it, and have over 51k miles on the engine without a hitch so far. Keep up with the sched maint and expect this car to last you a long time. The highway gas milage is great (~27mpg) even driving at 85mph, but if you enjoy the added power of VTEC around town expect about 17mpg.