2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2000 Accord 2.3 high miles
By MAX on 05/25/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my daily commute 200 miles everyday. For me it is the best design for Japanese coupe compare to solara. The Cargo space is huge for its class. I just made 200K miles this week and I haven't replaced my alternator yet, water pump and timing belt that's how reliable this one can be. Honda Engine and transmissions is so reliable. The secret is oil change and transmission fluid - change service is a must for long life of a car.

Best Car Ever Owned
By MrShaggs on 05/06/09 15:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 LX 4cylinder coupe in June of 2000, and it has been nothing but good to me. I have driven many higher end cars that weren't even as comfortable or responsive as this car. I have Koni/Neuspeed Suspention, forged rims, light flywheel, all sorts of mods, and it never lets me down. I have bent a lot of rims, but the car is solid. The only thing that would have made it better was if it came with an H22 5speed it would have been perfect. Over 100k on it and it still looks better than the day I bought it.

Great Car for the Money
By James on 03/21/06 22:49 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Honda for 6 years now. Have had NO problems with it and love the car.

Seats
By Doris on 03/22/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I found the seats a little hard. I think Honda should do a survey to new customers after they have owned their cars for about a year and ask what they like the least so they could perhaps improve on it or change it. Overall, Hondas are very good cars.

Honda - Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Brian on 01/06/05 17:51 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord used with 83,000 miles on it. Still with that mileage, it drives and is rattle free like it was brand new. the car now has 94000 miles on it and other than oil changes, I've done nothing to it, unlike my 1994 Thunderbird that I had before it. I've owned many cars over the years and have always found the Japanese cars to be better built and extremely reliable compared to any "American" car I've owned. I don't think I'll go back to an American name plate again.

Does what it's supposed to
By T Kirwin on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

With regular maintanence, I have had zero problems. What it lacks in power and racing qualities, it makes up for in ease of driving and quality workmanship. Honda has made an extremely dependable and enjoyable car.

Honda quality?
By AKD on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my 1st Honda, bought used with 24k mi, 7 mos ago. Must now replace rear main seal & front axle shaft for $1265. Tranny is weak. Factory radio quit 2 wks ago, 1 window motor about to go. More rattles & whistles than my 89 Corolla w/ 273k mi. Front seats uncomfortable if you're tall. Fuzzy fabric grabs clothing. One seat doesn't lock down readily after adjusting. Fit & finish sloppy vs. Toyota. Cabin air filter buried behind glove box, expensive to replace per schedule. A/C not cold enough & makes brakes mushy. Fuel light only when you hit fumes. Trading for another Toyota ASAP.

2000 Accord LX Coupe
By wombat on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome. It is quite simply the best car I have ever owned. The acceleration, and fuel economy are excellent. Not to mention it is a blast to drive. This is truely one of the finest cars ever made.

Rock Solid
By Dharvey on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

The Accord coupe is good-looking, fun to drive, completely reliable (of course it is-it's a Honda) car that gets good gas mileage to boot. My one complaint is the low entry height. I'm 6'2" and it's a little awkward getting in to the car. All the pluses more than make up for this, though.

I love my Accord Coupe
By D.M. Newingham on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Honda Coupe is problem free. Took it on an 8 hour road trip and wasn't even tired from the drive.