Used 2000 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car for the Money
By James

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Honda for 6 years now. Have had NO problems with it and love the car.

Favorite Features

I love the feel of the manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest behind shifter is horrible! Its always in the way.

2000 Accord 2.3 high miles
By MAX

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is my daily commute 200 miles everyday. For me it is the best design for Japanese coupe compare to solara. The Cargo space is huge for its class. I just made 200K miles this week and I haven't replaced my alternator yet, water pump and timing belt that's how reliable this one can be. Honda Engine and transmissions is so reliable. The secret is oil change and transmission fluid - change service is a must for long life of a car.

Favorite Features

The styling, cargo space, size to fuel efficiency ratio.

Suggested Improvements

Paint needs more improvement, and power windows please.

Honda - Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Brian

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Accord used with 83,000 miles on it. Still with that mileage, it drives and is rattle free like it was brand new. the car now has 94000 miles on it and other than oil changes, I've done nothing to it, unlike my 1994 Thunderbird that I had before it. I've owned many cars over the years and have always found the Japanese cars to be better built and extremely reliable compared to any "American" car I've owned. I don't think I'll go back to an American name plate again.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior styling of my Coupe. The seats hug you and are very comfortable. The Stereo has great sound for being the LX, and I like the A/C set up and controls.

Suggested Improvements

None! I love my car !

Best Car Ever Owned
By MrShaggs

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 LX 4cylinder coupe in June of 2000, and it has been nothing but good to me. I have driven many higher end cars that weren't even as comfortable or responsive as this car. I have Koni/Neuspeed Suspention, forged rims, light flywheel, all sorts of mods, and it never lets me down. I have bent a lot of rims, but the car is solid. The only thing that would have made it better was if it came with an H22 5speed it would have been perfect. Over 100k on it and it still looks better than the day I bought it.

Favorite Features

The suspension is great, tons of aftermarket goodies, rear sway bars, and you can use parts from the CL-S and TL-S acura models since they are same chassis.

Suggested Improvements

H22 200hp-220hp motor would make this car the best bang for the buck all around car. Just a lil more oopmh, although it is peppy for a SOHC.

Seats
By Doris

2000 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I found the seats a little hard. I think Honda should do a survey to new customers after they have owned their cars for about a year and ask what they like the least so they could perhaps improve on it or change it. Overall, Hondas are very good cars.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and convenient dash design.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are hard. They could have more cushioning.