Life with Ranger - Part III
By 07'RangerSport on
2007 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Nearly 16,000 miles on my 07' Sport Supercab, and all's well. Even after that many (abusive L.A.) miles in only 7 months, my truck has yet to so much as rattle! Without any exaggeration, it feels as though this truck was assembled for military duty; so perfect"is the build quality. Granted it's still the most dated appliance in its genre, but certainly that 1,000 years of production history has served to iron out any bugs from the system. For anybody looking for a classic compact truck, without pretense, of just right"size and certainly impeachable build quality - Ranger warrants a solid look.
Favorite Features
Compact size makes for easy manuevering, parking. Roomy extended cab. Tank-like build quality (there isn't so much as a screw out of place in my model!) Excellent and very functional dash layout (everything in easy reach). Modern touches (e.g. iPod/aux input) in an otherwise classic pickup.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage borders on infuriating. Mine is the 3.0 V6, coupled with a 5-spd combo nets an avg 16 mpg and a 0 - 60 time of seemingly a minute or two. Again, a certainly reliable piece (I was about 3 when it debuted in the Taurus I think), but the figures and performance belong in the 80's!