Good car BUT!!!!
By paulierm on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
OK. I thought being in IT I could handle all of the problems with the mytouch. It is VERY buggy even after the patch. The car handles well and gets good gas mileage. My paint is chipping up and the dealer was nasty when I went in after 5,000 miles to complain. I called Ford and they said they don't warranty the paint from chipping and that I should expect that from their cars. NOT Happy about all the chips. Paid $550 to get chips filled in and bought an invisible bra. Otherwise car is very good for the first 3 months.
Favorite Features
Handling and gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Hire a Software developer with a track record of success. Mytouch and Sync are awful. They are almost useless and when you think the navigation is right suddenly it takes you to the wrong address or just shuts down while driving. I was in my living room trying to figure out where the music was coming from and then realized it was my. For no reason at all my stereo turned on and was playing. I would figure out how to make paint that lasts more than 3 months. Took the car to a body shop and they said the paint was defective. The dealer said working as designed. Very disappointed!!!!
By mtcarmelfox
on 06/23/12 05:32 AM (PDT)

Paint issues do arise with many vehicles nowadays. There have been newscasts and reports within the past several years on consumer complaints with paint finishes. Search the internet and you will find a September 2011 newscast from NBC Chicago titled: Car Owners Upset About Bad Paint Jobs. There is also a facebook site (Ford-Mercury Peeling Paint Complaints) in which owners have been sharing paint issues on all models. Ford does conduct durability measurements on their vehicles within the factory. If anyone is having paint problems, they should request the data from Ford to review it with the dealership.