2012 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Deceiving Car!
By g_squared on 09/16/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Be warned! This car may look sleek and great but don't be fooled. This car has horrible build quality. I've had my '12 Focus Titanium Sedan for a year and a half and it has 16,650 miles. Since I bought the car I've had it in the shop so much it's a list: 1.Headliner disconnected (twice and is held on with Velcro) 2.Various interior rattles and squeaks (three times) 3.MyFord Touch and Bluetooth crashes (twice) 4.Transmission jerks and shutters (multiple) 5. Engine power loss (twice) 6. Electrical failure on the right side 7. Horn died 8. Driver door creaks unmercifully 9. Rear deck trim piece partially fell apart (behind the rear seats). Traded to an Edge. Don't buy the Focus!

Big Bucks small car!
By mgq777 on 06/17/13 20:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Purchased for gas economy and comfort. Does what expected with fuel. Cost too much. It's really small inside but when compared with other cars same size I feel comes out on top. I am 5'4" and I bump my head getting in the car. Good to drive and handle. Relief on gas. Negatives. We loaded it. Being a titanium we added several options. We live all except we're screwed on the remote start to start the car from inside the house to heat the car on a cold day or cool it on a hot day. Basically it works until you get in the car and put on the brake to back up and the car cuts off. We were charged about $400 for this. Middle console too long knocks tops off drinks , trunk small

Should have kept the Honda
By jeaniem1 on 10/26/12 12:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought the car in June 2012. Have questioned that decision every other day. Started out with sluggish low speed performance with hopping and rough/delayed shifting in the transmission. Was told I had to let the car "break itself in" and the shifting would improve. I'm at 10,800 miles and now I've graduated from hopping to shuddering in the first few gears. Especially bad on hills. Like the car just doesn't respond until it has shudder a few times getting into gear. Finally, the Sync system is the absolute worst. Buttons on the screen go missing, GPS gets lost, stays on after the car is off, random loud thumping sound through speakers when car is off. Many updates, still not fixed. Annoying.

Transmission Issues
By mpainton on 08/18/12 04:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Focus Titanium after careful research. I had major transmission issues within the 1st 3 days. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the necessary parts, which will be made outside of the US. The transmission hesitated so badly that I was stuck entering into traffic and almost caused an accident. Very scary . . . I was told by the Ford mechanic that he clutch, bearings and other parts were faulty and designed badly.

4DR Titanium
By jaybar2 on 06/16/12 06:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We've had the Focus Titanium for a couple of months now and all I can say is that I cant believe this is a FORD. This car drives and handles like a much more expensive car and the best part is the handling. My wife who is not a car person commented last week that she likes how the car handles. This from a person who doesnt know the difference between a BMW or a Yugo so if she noticed the handling you know it has to be good. The gas mileage is pretty unbelievable and I mean unbelievable, yesterday I was cruising at a steady 65 MPH on the highway and eventually the computer showed 45.2 MPG! In town I'm getting well over 30mpg, the highway mpg is in the diesel range! 40-45mpg.

Wow
By facelessdrone on 04/27/12 17:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have driven my Focus about 4000 miles now, and I've gotten to love it better than when new. This is a very solidly built car made out of high quality materials. It handles great and I enjoy flinging it around corners with abandon. My other car is a Porsche and around town the Focus is at least its equal in handling. I also use the Focus for my 50 mile r/t commute and on the last 3 tanks it has gotten 33, 35, and now 37 honest-to-goodness mpg. I have noticed that the mileage and smoothness of the transmission improved greatly over the last 1000 miles. The upgrade to MyFordTouch solved virtually all the issues with that, not that I had many to begin with.

Great first 2 months
By red_racer on 04/14/12 13:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have made it to 2 months and 2,000 miles. I have been very happy with my purchase. I had a Jeep Liberty which I liked but needed better fuel economy and I got it I drove to a job 48 miles away one way for 4 days and averaged 35.2 mpg it was city and highway. It has been living up to the rating. I got a full loaded model with everything but the parking pkg. An amazing amount of stuff in what is a compact. Way more than my Liberty Sport. The transmission seemed a little buggy especially the first few blocks that seems to be mostly gone. Only dilemma was the Navigation would not work. So had to have it fixed. But after a reboot and and upgrade in service no problems.

The Best American Car Ever!
By sobemen on 02/26/12 12:05 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I recently purchased this Ford Focus Titanium Edition. I can't stop driving this car. It is the best American car I have ever owned. Having owned BMW's. Land Rover's, Porsches, Toyotas, Honda and Nissan, I feel quite confident in providing Ford with the highest accolades around this product. I bought the extended Service warranty which is a great value. Ford has come a long way and their customer service and the entire purchase experience puts them well ahead of other car manufacturers All my friends and family just love to look at the fine engineering and body style of this vehicle. I also enjoy the fuel economy and German ride of this vehicle. Congrats Ford on an excellent job!

2012 Ford Focus SE 200A Package Review
By mdallen22 on 01/24/12 11:18 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

My review after two months of being an owner and an aggressive driver: Overall I think you get a great car for the price. It drives great, gets the advertised gas mileage, great sound system, I assume it's as safe as the reviews say, although i haven't been able to test that (knock on wood) and it looks sharp. There are a few suggestions/improvements i'd like to see Ford make to send this car to the top of its class, but overall I would recommend this car to a potential buyer.

Exceptional compact car
By mwright65 on 01/22/12 19:41 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Just purchased a new 2012 Ford Focus Titanium w/Winter package, Premium package (leather, push start), Handling package, Moonroof and Nav. The appearance inside and out is stunning; it looks like a far more expensive car than it is, very sleek and high quality leather. The My Ford Touch looks gorgeous but does take some practice, voice command stuff is fun. The leather seats are very comfy and supportive; heated seats work well without being overbearing. Front seat is especially comfy, back seat and trunk can be slightly cramped. Road and wind noise are minimal; the ride is quite "firm" and road feel is excellent. The performance is excellent at highway speeds, if a bit slow off the line.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$160 per month*