Used 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I will NEVER buy another Ford
By Karen Ross

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

In 2011 I bought a Ford Fiesta - within a few weeks after it started jerking and shuddering on acceleration. Long story short - after 3 repairs I was going to have it declared a lemon. The dealership wanted to put me in a Ford Focus and give me a good "deal" after all my headaches. I bought the 2012 Focus and started having the same issues - shaking, jerking and shuddering. The transmission control was replaced last year and now having the same issues. Took the car in and they said they need to replace the transmission control unit again but it will be 12-16 weeks before the part comes in because there is a huge waiting list - duh. Fix it right the first time. I am done with Ford.

I like the look of the vehicle - compact and sporty. Good gas mileage.

Get these vehicles off the road! The service tech kept telling me its safe to drive, but they do not have to get behind the wheel every day and feel it shaking and not moving when other cars are speeding up behind you. It is "safe" until its not and unfortunately someone is going to get hurt. It is unfortunate Ford is not taking more steps to get this fixed.

Deceiving Car!
By g_squared

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Be warned! This car may look sleek and great but don't be fooled. This car has horrible build quality. I've had my '12 Focus Titanium Sedan for a year and a half and it has 16,650 miles. Since I bought the car I've had it in the shop so much it's a list: 1.Headliner disconnected (twice and is held on with Velcro) 2.Various interior rattles and squeaks (three times) 3.MyFord Touch and Bluetooth crashes (twice) 4.Transmission jerks and shutters (multiple) 5. Engine power loss (twice) 6. Electrical failure on the right side 7. Horn died 8. Driver door creaks unmercifully 9. Rear deck trim piece partially fell apart (behind the rear seats). Traded to an Edge. Don't buy the Focus!

Sony system, keyless entry and start, exterior styling

Build quality and engineering

Big Bucks small car!
By mgq777

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Purchased for gas economy and comfort. Does what expected with fuel. Cost too much. It's really small inside but when compared with other cars same size I feel comes out on top. I am 5'4" and I bump my head getting in the car. Good to drive and handle. Relief on gas. Negatives. We loaded it. Being a titanium we added several options. We live all except we're screwed on the remote start to start the car from inside the house to heat the car on a cold day or cool it on a hot day. Basically it works until you get in the car and put on the brake to back up and the car cuts off. We were charged about $400 for this. Middle console too long knocks tops off drinks , trunk small

Great gas mileage Reliable Love the parking sensors and self parking Backup camera Good for a teen

Make bigger, roomer, more trunk space Eliminate the park assist or fix waste of money Offer nicer leather for comfort Lower price it is ridiculous It's a tiny focus for goodness sake With options we paid almost $30,000

Should have kept the Honda
By jeaniem1

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought the car in June 2012. Have questioned that decision every other day. Started out with sluggish low speed performance with hopping and rough/delayed shifting in the transmission. Was told I had to let the car "break itself in" and the shifting would improve. I'm at 10,800 miles and now I've graduated from hopping to shuddering in the first few gears. Especially bad on hills. Like the car just doesn't respond until it has shudder a few times getting into gear. Finally, the Sync system is the absolute worst. Buttons on the screen go missing, GPS gets lost, stays on after the car is off, random loud thumping sound through speakers when car is off. Many updates, still not fixed. Annoying.

Exterior look. That's about it.

Don't release a system like Sync until you know it works and works well. Fix the transmission in the car. What good is there to have a sharp looking car that drives like a horse and cart?

Transmission Issues
By mpainton

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Focus Titanium after careful research. I had major transmission issues within the 1st 3 days. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the necessary parts, which will be made outside of the US. The transmission hesitated so badly that I was stuck entering into traffic and almost caused an accident. Very scary . . . I was told by the Ford mechanic that he clutch, bearings and other parts were faulty and designed badly.

The interior and exterior styling were very nice, very comfortable seats.

Fix the transmission issues!