Used 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Poor reliability and performance
By samc

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

2012 Focus spent $22K new, has 37,000 miles and the transmission needs to be rebuilt, Ford is covering the repair. Passenger window motor is gone and needs to be replaced. the Passenger front seat adjustment mechanism is broke. I would not by a Ford their reliability is terrible . Big mistake on my part.

What a turd
By Hong

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

What a turd. I purchased on on April 2012 and it's been a nightmare since. It's had build, mechanical, electrical issues from day one. I noticed the window switch would work sometimes. It was later replaced twice. Then I noticed the dash had a gap on the right hand side. It's had intermittent issues with MFT Sync so the thing had to be replaced. It was not detecting my phones. The dealership told me my phone was not compatible yet it worked when I first bought it. There was paint issue on the trunk as well. It was repainted then I noticed the spoiler coming undone so back it went. Now the fun part, the transmission, it's been a nightmare since day one. It's been reprogrammed multiple times to no improvement. Since I cannot afford to trade it in or purchase a new car, I'm stuck with this [non-permissible content removed]!

Run, do not walk away from Ford and Kearny Pearson Ford in San Diego, CA. I will never buy an American car again!

Another story of a transmission problem
By Cynthia Beard

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I was rolling along in traffic on a main interstate highway and 2012 Ford Focus suddenly would not accelerate and then stalled. This was followed by all sorts of things lighting up on my dash, and the car would not re- start, wouldn't turn over, nothing. I was lucky to be able to get over to the shoulder of the highway, although it was on the left side of the road, which was super dangerous. Long story short, I was denied roadside assistance (which I thought I was covered under) because my car was no longer under warranty. I had 76,000 and change. My warranty apparently ran out at 60,000. However, this well known transmission problem that exists with this vehicle, is covered under an "extended warranty" up to 150,000 miles (but there's a $100 deductible!!!). So, because there's a faulty issue with this vehicle, a documented, known fault in the manufacturing; my money, time and convenience are not a matter of concern. My car had been properly maintained, in fact had been inspected not a week before this happened, and there was no indication of this happening. This is extremely dangerous and frankly I find it unacceptable that FORD didn't do more to prevent this from happening. There is one Service Advisor at the dealership who was helpful. He has agreed to submit my towing bills for reimbursement. No one was really apologetic or concerned with my satisfaction as a Ford customer. If I was knowingly selling dangerous, faulty vehicles, I would be falling all over myself to make sure I could make the customer happy, if that were possible. Basically the attitude is one of indifference. I thought I was doing a good thing by buying an American car, but I would never buy another Ford again, and will try to trade this vehicle in ASAP. I will buy a Subaru if I can afford it. In short, buyer beware ... transmission problem, Ford not too concerned with customer satisfaction.

POS
By peter

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Beware of this car. 2012 model year has transmission problems. It has been in the shop five times for new transmission fixes...software, parts..etc. It has stalled while being driven 4 times. It is an absolute hazard. Ford customers service is the worst. They will absolutely not stand behind their products..especially a LEMON! The trade-in value is embarrassing low. Basically, I have lost the entire value of the car. It is worth more at the junk yard.

THE WORST FORD I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!
By Phill O

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

1st let me say i was eagerly awaiting this car. i loved the styling, performance and economy of it.
Now lemme tell ya, this car is a POS!!! the transmission is junk (look at Ford's FSAs regarding this). the rear door latch broke, nobody uses this door so it should not have failed, the drivers window motor failed the day before a rain storm. and now, today the freaking drivers door will not latch closed!!!
DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE VEHICLES! YOU WILL REGRET IT!