2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sort Reviews by

Great value for the money
By Cromwell

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is one great little car! It is fun to drive,very comfortable,and gets reasonably good gas mileage. Its best feature is its remarkable handeling. It also has a front seat that is very ajustable and supportive. I would highly recomend this car to anyone looking for a vehicle of this size.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are its remarkable handeling,front seat comfort,plenty of storage space with the back seats down, and the excellent visibilty out the front windsheild.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements are needed.

I Love It!
By nancy williams

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really love my new Ford Focus ZX5. It's roomy, comfortable and fun to drive. I think the design is very distictive and attractive.

Favorite Features

I love the hatchback design. It gives you lots of room to carry things, and good headroom for back seat passengers. I also love the rear window wiper and defroster. Fog lights are really useful too.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any improvements.

Look at me!
By Iownafocus

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus was purchased because it looked like a "cute" car. Once we began driving the Focus, we realized it was more than just looks, it was small enough to fit into those tight parking spaces, yet has room inside for the crowd. The trunk, well it's very impressive, we could fit 2 baskets full of groceries inside the trunk! It's so fun to have this car, and I am sure that you will agree.

Favorite Features

I would say my favorite feature has to be the lever in the trunk. Just in case someone is stuck inside, all they have to do is pull, and they are out.

Suggested Improvements

More miles per gallon.

The sweetest car around
By Storms826

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the ford focus. It drives great! It hugs the road when you drive, you don't feel like you are going to lose control. I have never felt seats that have been so comfortable. I have taken 13 hour drives in it and my back never hurt once.

Favorite Features

I love the 6 disk changer, the moon roof, and the comfortability of the seats

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a window lock for the passenger side window. My only complaint.

good
By a person 129872459

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

the ford focus is a high quailty. it has great performance compared to other cars

Favorite Features

i dont really have any favorite features just that it is a ford

Suggested Improvements

i really dont have any this car has great speed and fuel economy

Excellent
By Ohio consumer

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow great little car.Zippy! It really is fun to drive and deceptivly roomy interier.

Favorite Features

The fold down back seat for cargo room.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the back seat fold under when layed down

my best new car ever
By glen

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 6 foot ten and 350 lbs it isn't easy finding a car that i can fit into much less be comfortable in. imagine my surprise when the car turns out to be fun to drive and, is problem free. On a 900 mile trip i even got more MPG than ever. 33 while cruising at 75. WOW !!! This car just continues to be a joy. Color me in for a svt if they add an automatic.

Favorite Features

Head room

Suggested Improvements

Add an automatic to the added ponies of a SVT

Pleasurable Driving
By grybrd73

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has proved to be very easy to handle. It corners easily, and this is very important to me. I have been very impressed with it's response in a tight situation. Braking is smooth and secure. I just enjoy the vehicle.

Favorite Features

The six cd player installed in the dash board. It is conveniently located and easy to use.

Excellent experience with the Ford Focus
By unidav

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had a wonderful experience with the Ford Focus hatchback that I bought about 14 months ago. No problems at all. Fun to drive, comfortable and good fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Everything functions like a charm!

Focus is cool!
By rednayne

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's an awesome little car I don't see where people have a problem with it. You get everything you need and more for the price. It's very fun to drive, my focus zx3 makes me feel cool when I drive it, and by the looks I get from people, i think they find the focus to be cool. I've gotten many compliments about my car.

Favorite Features

The seats are comfterable, as well as the steering wheel. Everything is easily accessible inside, the car does not feel cheap at all, it provides a very smooth ride. The exterior is just completely unique which I love.

Suggested Improvements

The only issues I have are the seat handles, that fold the seat came off, but it's got another handle with which I'm able to fold the seats. Also the passenger side cupholder doesn't allow large cups to be placed in it.I have noticed the newer models have addressed these two issues.