2004 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
fuel gauge problem
By naturebuddy on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a focus ZTS in 5/04 it has been serviced 4 times once for a recall on the heated seats & 3 times with a fuel gauge problem their seems to be a softwear problem our 1st problem occured after filling the tank the gauge stayed on empty the dealer said ford told them to clear the computer memory & put in a new code the 2nd time we again filled the tank this time it read 1/2 tank the dealer replaced the sending unit the 3rd time the gauge stayed on full after 150 miles then after 200 miles the gauge read between full & 3/4 when it should have read at half tank because when we filled up it took 8 gal with a 14 gal tank now they say the float wasnt set properly on the sending unit

LOT'S OF FUN
By dick7622 on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

the 04 focus is,without a dought, the most enjoyable ford compact I'v ever driven [& I'v had a lot of them]! I rented one out west and found it to handle super on flat desert as well as through the high country. I literly fell in love with the car. I was very pleased with the price and the rebaits. I'v grown even fonder of my focus since I'v been driving it on a regeular baseis.

great car
By richard is my real n on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

we have a loadid zts 4 door sedan.it is very well put togather fun to drive leather seats nice.moonroof is also nice.motor strong handling also strong.ride is very good.6000 miles and only an oil change. car has been problem free.

My '03 Focus
By LisaMarie on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love it and have great service from Dealer!!

Focus on This
By LucyFocus on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sporty, affordable, reliable car...nice economic car to drive and it is really inexpensive on gas. It is a cute car that is roomy inside, and hsa great curves outside.

2.3 ZTS w/ Auto
By allemeuse on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With about 2000 miles on this car I have no quibbles. Quick, nimble, fun to drive. Decent mileage. Plenty of acceleration for city or highway. Fit and finish were very good. Not what I expected from an American made car. I first heard of this car when I drove one in Spain on a vacation. It was a diesel and I hadn't a clue (no telltale engine sounds, very peppy) until I went to fill it with gas and saw the diesel sticker. The handling of the American version is quite similar though. Really like it.

Comfortable small call
By jenzsdad on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a month now. So far so good. It is an automatic with the sports package. I would have liked some other options; ABS,& Moonroof. I also would have prefered a 5 speed, but that's what happens when you buy a leftover. You have to take what the dealer has. I did get a good deal though; $12,500 + tax & tags. Not bad! It's comfortable & quiet for a small car. The handling is good for a 4 door of it's size, but not as good as my Nissan 200SX SER (Auto), or as fast. I must say though that the Focus rides like a bigger car. It must be the 103' wheel base.

what a suprise
By spoz on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car for daughter, also have a Honda Accord. Suprised how quiet and peppy this car is. Much more power than a Civic that I was considering, and a lot less price!

Very Good
By Trev Connelly on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the Focus! It looks great, especially in white. Super price.Good gas milage-38 highway 31 city. It has a great feel to it. Just drive something else after driving it and you really will notice....even a WRX. Massive trunk! Comfy seats...they go up and down..it helps when you are 6ft 3ins.Finally a good european car sold by ford in the US.

Good Pep For The Money
By joshandjess143 on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical about this car at first, but came to love it shortly after driving it. I love the 2.3 engine it's got more pep than i ever expected. I would recomend this car to any one on a buget and wants a fun car to drive!