2004 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
My first new car
By iusecad on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '95 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a V8, that I owned for 7 1/2 years, for this car. So far I'm not the least bit sorry. (Although, I might miss the truck when it snows again, mostly because I don't want to expose my new car to the road salt & sand.) I guess to anyone who might be leary of downsizing like I did, give it a shot. You'd be surprised at how powerful these little cars are.

better then expected.
By jdft on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i was expecting to settle for a plain car, due to my financial limits. but this 2.3liter engine is very fast. it has more horsepower then my huge (in comparison) sable wagon had. the only areas of concern is lower gas mileage then expected, but perhaps that is because i like to drive it hard. the a/c is weak and blow dust and leaf debris thru the vents. love the new stereo system that lets me see title of song playing.

Nice job Ford
By cfunk32 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car!Just bought an '04 ZX5 2.3L Man Comfort with the Audiophile & Moonroof upgrade. I love it. Drove my wife's 2001 ZX3 2.0 Auto for six months (finished lease) after she got a new car. I liked the 01 but not the noise & lack of power. Ford really improved upon the car in 3 years. My 04 is sweet! Rides great; no noise at 80mph. Bumps are like gentle kisses. 2.3 fast. Black of course. Pirelli P6s are nice too.

Love this car.
By chunt777 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was really sceptical about this car when qwe went to buy it. I thought it would be under powered and un comfortable. I am a big person over 6' tall and weight to go with it. To my suprise you could adjust the seat to fit even my size. My wife fell in love with it but i was still leary. After a couple of weeks and driving it myself,though I dont get to drive it veroften it's "Her" car, my mind was tottaly changed. It is very peppy for a four banger and a blast to drive. Another huge plus is the stereo rocks. Over ll this car is awsome.

A Clean Green Sports Machine
By clintondee on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

WoW! The New Partial Zero Emmission 2.3 liter engine from Ford is a real treat. Not only is the engine much more powerful than the z-tec it emits close to no harmful emissions. Emission related components are covered up to 15 years or 150,000 miles! The zx5 interior is exceptionally roomy and its dash is stylish and well laid out. The cd/mp3 player is great. The hatchback design coupled with the four doors makes the Zx5 a real family car. Access to all seats is good and there's actually alot of room behind the rear seats for groceries. Fold down the rear seats and you have a ton of useable space. In all the zx5 is great@!

THE BEST I'VE OWNED
By angichaos on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. I have bought 2 brand new focuses in the past two years. These cars are fun, fast and they look great.

good
By a person 129872459 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

the ford focus is a high quailty. it has great performance compared to other cars

A Great Little Car
By AllanPaul on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased a 2-door Ford Focus for three years. I loved the car. It handles like a charm and is exceptionally roomy for a vehicle of this type. I drove it cross-country. It was comfortable and pleasureable to drive. I just put gas in. No problems. In fact, I liked the car so much, I bought one when the lease ran out...the 5-door model (4-door + hatchback). It is well designed, very dependable and a great family car. With the back seats down, you can carry almost anything. This car is a smart buy.