The best truck yet!
By Alan on
2007 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned my F150 Lariat for a year now. I am coming up on 15,000 miles and have had one very minor problem, a power window switch, it was fixed at no charge with no hassle. I read in many reviews, about a lack of power and a sluggish feeling. My F150 has the heavy duty suspension, limited slip, 3:73 gear ratio and really doesn't do too bad. It has a very smooth powertrain that delivers horsepower evenly through-out the RPM range. Under normal conditions you don't feel the acceleration, then all of a sudden you notice that your doing 80MPH! If I want to accelerate quickly I click off the over-drive and it gets right with it. I'm averaging 15-16 MPG, mixed hiway-city driving.
Favorite Features
The interior is awesome! I love the heated leather seats, the auto dimming mirrors and the stereo system. It sounds nice for a factory unit and cranks the tunes out at a decent volume level. I installed a set of wheel to wheel step bars for a customized look that allows easy access to the bed.
Suggested Improvements
Better mats front and rear. A telescoping steering column. Body side molding to help eliminate door dings. Other than those minor items it's an awesome truck. It's the perfect combination of functionality and luxury. It is the best truck, maybe the best vehicle I've ever owned! Only time will tell.